Sign in to follow this  
barns1

Johnny Bucket on a C100?

barns1

Hi, What do you guys think of the Johnny Bucket? I don't need a loader, just something to move dirt and gravel. Thanks.

Workin_Horses

I just recently picked one up. So far so good. It's really handy and works well for the small around the property kind of projects. My tractor has a hyro lift which is the key, as I couldn't imagine trying to use one on a tractor with a manual lift.

My Johnny Bucket also has the power dump using the electric actuator which wonderful. It allows for a controlled dump and the ability to back drag.

:thumbs:

Nick

A front scoop does work nice to move loose material and can handle some digging also. They are much faster to install and remove than a loader and could come in handy for a lot of jobs around the house.

If you search around the site there have been several discussions on front scoops both Johnny bucket and home built.

This is one that also links to others http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...c=8007&hl=scoop

JoeMonag

Newbie,I bought a used one last year. it was less than a year old, and it came with the bucket doubler, along with power lift and power dump. I recently bought the tooth bar, which realy helps with digging, picking up, and grading. In the warmer weather I use it every week end around my property, that has about 25000sf cleared out for my home on a 4.88 acre plot.

I have it installed on my 310-8. once the wiring and lift bar is installed, it is very easy to remove and install the bucket. One draw back on the wheel horse, is you have to remove any under belly attachmnets, and they only lift 10". The JB is everything they say it is, it is like having a powered large wheel barrow.

I made a weight box for my tractor,but later repaced it with 55lb. cast iron rear wheel weights. I have a 400' long driveway, so I opted to use my wheel horse manual dozer blade for snow. The do make a plow that uses the same electric actuators that will power angle and lift.

The price with freight for the JBjr. system is around $ 1400.00, and they only make it with the power lift and power dump now. The bucket is 42" onthe inside, and is very well constructed. They also make a lot of practical attachments for it. which are priced reasonably. The wheel horse model uses industrial BEAR linear actuators, that are rated at 3000lb. static load. So there is no hydraulic pump involved, and the wiring connects directly to the battery, and has and inline fuse for each, and a easily removed elctrical connector for each actuator.

The JBjr. is easy to install, simple to maintain, and a lot less money than a FEL.

I would recomend you get one, I find it's an excellent atachment, and works well

with the wheel horse, that should last you a life time.

Joe in Norton

Operator

Hi Joe in Norton , ? :thumbs:

Randy

poodle

Joe in Norton

That wouldn't be Norton Mass would it if so howdy neighbor I from Taunton

bitten

Joe:

Does your 310-8 have the 3amp charging system and if so does it keep up with working the JB or do you have to let it charge back up every now and then?

P.J.