Obieezx11

Please help problem clutch toro wheel horse 1991 model

Obieezx11

Please help problem clutch toro wheel horse, 1991 model

with the belt off, my motor running can hold the blades pully and it stops spinning but with the motor running no belt on the clutch, I turn the blades on and the motor stalls. whats wrong with it guys i love the old thing will bare metal every nut and bolt restore but for now it's my only means of mowing my lawn I was in a bad car accident and suffered greatly so its kind of urgent I find out whats wrong with it as I cant push a mower anymore.

PLEASE, ANYONE, CAN I FIX IT CHEAP.

gwest_ca

With the pto ON the seat switch controls the ignition on most models. Check the wiring to the seat switch and make sure the operator's weight in the seat is actuating the switch. Hard to be on both sides of the seat at the same time. May need help to check that part.

The idea behind it is if the operator falls out of the seat with the pto/mower running the engine will quit.

If that is not the problem post the model number and serial number so we can find a wiring diagram. 33 different models in 1991.

Garry

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

TDF5G

I agree, the seat switch would be the first thing to check IMO. 

Obieezx11
On 02/11/2017 at 8:00 PM, gwest_ca said:

With the pto ON the seat switch controls the ignition on most models. Check the wiring to the seat switch and make sure the operator's weight in the seat is actuating the switch. Hard to be on both sides of the seat at the same time. May need help to check that part.

The idea behind it is if the operator falls out of the seat with the pto/mower running the engine will quit.

If that is not the problem post the model number and serial number so we can find a wiring diagram. 33 different models in 1991.

Garry

ok thanks