Sign in to follow this  
Dave85zxt

Looking at a 1077

Dave85zxt

Hi guys,

I am considering buying a 1077. The engine needs a rebuild (smokes a bit) and the tow valve is broken on the hydro. Otherwise I think its in fair condition.

What is a fair price for this machine?

What can you tell me about this model? Was the hydro pretty durable?

Is there anything in particular that I should look out for with this model?

I have an 856 but would like to get a tractor with a hydro for ease of use. Plus I just think it looks like a cool tractor.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Sarge

The 1077 would be a nice unit , if the hydro is in good shape . One test is to release the parking brake just far enough not to engage the engine drive belt fully and try pushing it with the engine off . If it rolls around easily the pump is likely near the end of it's life . My original 1277 (have two) is getting pretty weak and even cold it pushes fairly easily , the one I picked up a couple weeks ago is still very strong , push testing it is nearly impossible . Once these vane pumps get worn they bypass fluid and just don't produce pressure/power . The newer style piston pumps will interchange but may create issues with belt lengths .

I know plowing with a hydro is sure fun and very fast . If it has or you can find the hydro lift it's even better ....!!!

Sarge