Sign in to follow this  
Bow_Extreme

RJ58

Bow_Extreme

I've been looking around a bit for a restoreable RJ58 and a guy just sent me this picture of one that's already restored. What do you think: $1200.00 comes with the mower deck and plow. I think it's a bit more than I would like to spend considering I wanted to restore one but it's a sharp looking wheel horse.

RJ.jpg

Jim_M

It looks like a nice tractor, but I think it's a little overpriced.

Rollerman

Seems like a bit on the hi side to me also.

They are getting harder to find & bringing a higher price though...just not that hi yet.

I'd ask for more pics & look it over real good...look it over real good to see how correct it is "ie the muffler"...then counter offer.

Bow_Extreme

I think I will probably pass on this one. I also believe this is too highly priced and it seems he's sticking to the high number.

pond195520032003

it is a nice looking tractor, but is a little on the high side :thumbs: also the heat shield is missing :dunno: looks like the belt guard is there though :whistle: someone on here might have one to sell you :lol: or you could check ebay :whistle:

Bow_Extreme

Well, I'm watching and waiting for the right deal. I would really like a project restoration tractor so the price would have to be down there a ways. I 'm not incredibly familiar with the RJ58 so pointing out items such as the belt cover and such is very important to me. Thank you for letting me know that. I have to do some more studying yet on this particular model.

Rideawaysenior

Definatley too much. I picked up mine two years ago for half that. It was semi restored too. Came with the after market plow, rear disc, and mower deck. I love that machine.

I may get some finger pointing on this but I use it too. I've mowed with it twice over the past summer. Best cut I've seen. It really can push some serious snow. With my 350lbs. of dead arse weight, it's got plenty of traction. I figured I'd run out of motor but no. It's amazing.

Bow_Extreme

I have a line on a fairly original RJ58, needs the original motor rebuilt, comes with extra parts, possibly wheels, tires, misc items. $400.00 I don't have pics yet. It has a different motor in it at the moment but the owner was able to drop it in without modifing the tractor. It runs, drives, and like I said is almost 100% original and has all parts. Do you think the price is right? I guess this one has been to the steam show in buckley a few times and has been well recieved.

clintonnut

That sounds better. Good Luck!!

Charlie

sorekiwi

To give you an idea, I gave $300 for this one about 18 months ago...

IMG_1670.jpg

It hadnt run in 7 years. Cleaned out the gas tank, cleaned the carb and it started 3rd pull!