Lcarter114

417A pressure sensor

Lcarter114

I have a model 417A with a Kohler series I I engine, spec number 24363.  The oil pressure sensor is leaking.  I can not find a part number for it anywhere.   All the diagrams I can find show the switch but give no part numbers.  Does anyone know what the part number is?

Thanks

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

Engine supplied by Kohler so they likely supplied the oil pressure switch also.

Garry

• Like 1

Lcarter114

Thanks for the info,  I spent 4 hours this morning trying to find the part number

Lcarter114

Okay, got the switch and went to put or on and the adapter broke.  I ran all over town looking for the adapter but can not find it.  I didn't see it in the parts list umess it is something eles.  Any  ideas on the part number or type of adapter I need?

Thanks

pfrederi

The block is drilled an tapped for 1/8 27TPI pipe threads...which is what the pressure switch should have..no adapter needed unless you have a clearance issues with the ear on eh bearing end plate.  In which case you can use brass 1/8" pipe fittings to solve it  probably a short nipple and a connector.

Edited by pfrederi

Lcarter114

The pressure switch threads are 1/4"  I believe.  I  have attached pictures of the switch and adapter.

20170916_142555.jpg

20170916_142506.jpg

pfrederi

Still pipe thread get a reducer like this and 1/8" nipple and you are set.  Any hardware store should have it.  You might even find a 1/4 female 1/8 male making it a one piece solution.

reducer.JPG

woodchuckfarmer

My KT 17 did the same thing. But I couldn't  get the other part out of the block, so taped it 8-32 and put a set screw in it to stop the oil from poring out. Ill have to pull the engine and drill it out and tap it 1/8 inch pipe thread later this fall.

Sarge

Good auto parts stores should have a large cabinet with a selection of brass fittings for brakes , oil and fuel . If it's an Edelman assortment - it should have the short 1/8"NPTx1/4"NPTF reducer as that one is specific . Otherwise , check with McMaster - I believe they keep them in stock . Some of the home centers also have extensive brass fittings , but good luck trying to hunt through them .

Sarge

• Thanks 1

Lcarter114

I ended up ordering the fitting from McMaster.  Thanks for the info.  Hopefully this is the lasthma problem I run into with this project.  Thanks  again.