Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Loader rock bucket picture

Nick

I was poking around in the yahoo group photo album and found this picture in the "From Holland" album. :thumbs: Ive given thought to building what I would call a rock bucket for some time and this looks fairly close to some of the ideas. Might not get used often but would come in handy for sifting rocks out of loose dirt.

fromholland.jpg

Rollerman

Nick knowing you I bet that be an easy fab for you.

Do you grow that many rocks down your way in OH?

All I ever found digging in my yard was some horse shoes & a pair of baby shoes...so I quit digging. :thumbs:

Nick

Yea Stephen we grow em big over in the buckeye state. :thumbs:

LRvsgreen007.jpg

Operator

Nick can a rock digger put in his 2 cents worth, When you build your bucket don't put the cutting edge out on the end move it back a few inches so you'll have "teeth" hanging out. It will dig under better.

Randy

WheelHorse_of_course

I hear the secret to growing big rocks is to fertilize with rock phosphate and jersey greensand :thumbs:

Nick

Randy, Good point, I wasn't thinking about that when looking at the picture. This project isn't top of the list unless some cheap build materiel were to become available, then the bucket could get built sooner. :thumbs:

A small version of this bucket could be a possibility also. Kind of depends on what I get hold of for building it.

http://www.equipmentland.com/products/mds/...ck_sifter.shtml

KyBlue

Nick, that bucket you linked to, Looks almost like Rebar thats been sharpened to a point...

Looks like it'd work pretty well for ya -

linen beige

Wunna dem Arena Buckets would make diggin' tayters a right smart easier. :thumbs: