Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

4 by 5 foot drag

jerrell

:whistle: This is a homemade drag i made to bust up the clods and level my field , it is quite heavy. 5 ft wide and 4 ft long, 4 in angle 1/4 in thick, the teeth are made out of railroad spikes ,(a fiiend gave me a 100 lbs of them) they are spaced front to back 4 inches apart. i used the drag this weekend to spread gravel on my drive way. worked great behind the horse, had a hard pull at first , a member wanted a pic of the drag so i took it in the rain today, rained about 2 inches in about 30 min... as you can see by the water at the end of the drive, next project a culvert... :thumbs:

001.jpg

the horse is pulling hard here

005.jpg

cost about 25.00 about 6 or 7 years ago.

004.jpg

the driveway after our drenching this PM, still have a little more work spreading to do , about 6 in deep in the center of the road :whistle:

Rollerman

Looks good Jerrel, would that be considered a spike tooth drag?

I seen a home made one once I thought would be handy.

Was shaped like an H with all made out of I beam with the 4 ends cut, angled up to keep from skidding & the cross beam as the cutting edge.

It worked great for pealing off the crown in a drive when it settled into a two track.

jerrell

:whistle: yeah stephen, i always called them a drag, my dad called them a spiked tooth harrow. on the farm we had 4 that was made out of 3 by 12 green oak drilled with oversized steel rods driven thru them, about 16 ft wide and 4 ft long. really really heavy,, :thumbs:

Rideawaysenior

Nice Drag. Looks like it does a good job.