Sign in to follow this  
DanPatch

lawn ranger

DanPatch

Trying to finish restore on a lawn ranger. This lawn ranger was missing the tags so from looking at many photos I came up with it's a 1967 or 1968 it has electric start. Without the tag is there anything that is differant between these two models that will help me idenify. I am ready for decals and I would like to have the right decals on the tractor. I am also having trouble finding the decals. Any idea where I can purchase a decal set for Lawn Ranger. :thumbs:

Buzz

Until an expert comes along I'll take a shot. If the engine is original the 1967 L-157 had a Tecumseh H60-75117F and the 1968 1-2631 had a H60-75117H. I'm assuming that there are no hood decals? They are vastly different. Try Norm for Ranger decals.

http://www.normstoys.com

mcwh1950

first off :thumbs: dan after checking some past posted on here, i think the 1967 lawn ranger have a 2 spoke steering wheel and the 1968 have a new 3 spoke steering wheel.

WHC-125

I have a 66 with the two spoke steering wheel and only the square hood decals in the front

And BTW :thumbs:

kpinnc

i think the 1967 lawn ranger have a 2 spoke steering wheel and the 1968 have a new 3 spoke steering wheel.

Don't use the steering wheel as an identifier. The 2-spoke wheels often times broke, and 3-spokes were used as a replacement.

IF the hood is original, a 1968 model will have a decal that says "LAWN RANGER" in bold letters on both sides of the hood.

1968LawnRanger.jpg

If not, a 1965-67 model will have a 2"x2" horsehead decal at the front of the hood on both sides.

1230081323a.jpg

I borrowed these pics from other member's posts in the photo gallery. There are more there as well.

Hopefully, your engine hasn't been replaced. That's the best thing going for you if the tractor tags are missing.

Kevin

1117scooter

I got these from our guy on e bay.The sellers name is ibbecca

100_0760.jpg

DanPatch

Thanks everyone. This tractor has no decals or tags. Someone before me started to restore this tractor. All they did was remove the tags decals and paint. I purchased three boxes of parts and the frame. The motor that was with it is a H70-130155A. Not the orginal. It does have a three spoke steering wheel. So I guess I will have to go with that :thumbs:

WHC-125

Dan,

My guess is that its a 68. :thumbs:

sorekiwi

Can you at least see where the decals used to be? Unfaded and relatively unscratched paint? There should be clues whether it had the big decal or the small one... :thumbs:

DanPatch

No when I purchased this tractor the hood had primer on it. The guy I purchased it from is not the same guy that sanded down the hood and primered it. I was told it was going to be a pulling tractor. I feel I rescued this tractor from the junk pile. It seems to many people start to restore these tractors and then give up on it.I feel that if I get the motor, steering wheel, and the decals all from the same year I can finish it and it still be right. I am glad I found this web site. :thumbs: