Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

may have another horse owner in arkansas

jerrell

:horseplay: The past two days i have been spreading gravel with the C175, the trucker that brought the gravel , (56 yards) out couldn't believe i was using a LAWNMOWER to spread, and the tractor was an 84 model, (will Post a Pic this pm,) have to finish leveling the drive way, anyway the man wanted to drive the LAWNMOWER and i let him, couldn't believe he was pushing a full blade of shaveings around with a LAWNMOWER,...(explained the difference) asked me where i got the horse, and gave him the REDSQUARE address and told him to look in the Classified section and he would find one for sale, also showed him all the equipment i had and he was very interested as he had a big garden and had to pay someone to plow and till his garden, said he was gonna try to buy one

The purpose of my post is i noticed that my hydro oil was a yellow and bubbley when i checked it, i may have got water in it when washing the horse, it was very , very muddy from pushing the wet mud around building ditches , i am going to change the oil and filter today and i cannot find the amount of oil to refill the hydro with . the tube holding the dipstick in was loose and i screwed it in guite a bit at least a 1/2 inch and know that will change the amount of oil i have to use, can anyone tell me how much oil goes in a dry hydro. and how to purge the cylinder, and should i flush it before refilling, :thumbs:

stevebo

Jerrell,

IT WILL TAKE 5 QUARTS OF EITHER 10W-30 OR 10W-40 PER THE MANUAL. i HAVE A FULLY RESTORED C175 HYDRO WITH A GRADER BLAD. CAN'T WAIT TO USE IT SOON. THANKS-

jerrell

:whistle: :thumbs: stevebo, have you ever purged a hydro, what did you use? and how to drain the cynlinder.? just thought of it, :imstupid: take a line off and push, pull the piston arm :whistle: getting old and forgetfull,

jerrell

v013-1.jpg

a little late on the pic, spreading the gravel,(shavings) on driveway, the horse did great pulling the drag i made for bigger tractor.. :horseplay:

Rollerman

Jerrel to purge the lift cylinder pulling the lines & working it back & forth like you mentioned is your best bet.

Hey cool pic to with the drag.

How about some more pics of it & how's it set up?

Looks like the cutting edge runs pretty deep....could be the pic too?

Tractor look great too....I like the looks of the R4 ag treads on back. :thumbs: