Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Ol' Smoky died Wednesday

Buzz

My 856, who I called Ol' Smoky for obvious reasons, died Wednesday on the way back to the shop after finishing plowing the driveway. She had been in ill health for several years due to her excessive smoking but I hoped to finish the season with her. She'd performed well even running upside down for awhile when I flipped her over backwards. She just lost power , coughed once, and died. I pulled the spark plug to see if that failed but the threads came out with the plug. so under a tarp in the back yard see goes until I decide whether to transplant the K181 off my 855 or set up the 855 for plow duty.

She died about 50' from the shop so I had to push her home. I had just wrestled the chains on this week and they made it impossible to push. I was going to take the chains off when I remembered that I had a set of identical tires and wheels in the shed. I brought them around, slid the jack under her, fired up the electric impact wrench and changed wheels in about five minutes. As I was carrying the wheels with chains to the shed , it hit me. I've been fighting with the chains for the past seven years when it would have been so much easier to just swap the wheels.. :thumbs::whistle: :imstupid:

Teddy da Bear

Will there be a viewing?

I always cry at funerals.....sniffffff....

Open or closed casket? You did say there was a rollover....

Where can we send flowers? Or Oil?

The Red Square limo will take you and the Mrs. to the

grave site of course.... R.I.P. Smokie.....

:thumbs:

Sparky

Well thats a bummer Buzz :thumbs: . But we all know they dont really die right? They just need some TLC every now and then. Obviously its that time for yours.

Mike..........

kj4kicks

Wow Buzz, don't know what to tell ya... If ya can't get 43 years of service out of them, then what? :thumbs:

Rollerman

Buzz are you going to give "Old Smokey" some medical attention & put it back in service for another 40 years?

Or is is going under the only see daylight again when it's windy tarp? :thumbs:

TWeddle

the fun part is rebuilding now. sorry for your loss

kpinnc

"We CAN rebuild him- Stronger, faster"....

He's not gone Buzz, he's just sleeping. A good heart transplant, and he'll be back to plow duty!

Kevin

WHC-125

He is in a coma :thumbs:

He will come back out of it soon though :whistle:

oldandred

sorry to hear such bad news I only hope you had ins, on the old girl I hear you cant burry any thing in NJ on saturday or sunday some law they started last year about the over time thing I would come up for the viewing night but Im a little pushed for time right now if you can keep her out of the ground for a few weeks maybe then I can come up.

Ok Buzz if theres any thing I can do just let me know. :whistle::thumbs::dunno: :whistle:

Docwheelhorse

I would call Toro and try to get it fixed under warranty..... :banana:

Tony

WHC-125

"Hi I am calling on a Wheelhorse 856 I have and I bought it off the original owner and I was told it has the extended warranty and the motor just blew so when should I bring it in to get replaced?" :thumbs:

Sarge

May she rest in peace.... :thumbs:

Sarge

bitten

He's not dead just asleep..

stevasaurus

"They don't shoot Horses...do they?"

:thumbs::whistle: :whistle:

Suburban 550

Sorry to hear that Buzz. I know with a little TLC you'll bring her back to life. :thumbs: