Sign in to follow this  
DanPatch

two horses right out of gate

DanPatch

Hi I am new to Wheel horse restoring. I recently purchased two tractors. The first one was what I was looking for and the second one I just couldn't leave behind. One is a '67 or '68 lawn ranger L-157. It has been painted and is being assembled. I hope to have it complete along with the mower deck by summer. The other tractor I am having trouble idenifiing. I think it is a 550 suburban I purchased a 550 service manual and looked at hundreds of pictures. The problem seems to be the hood is wrong. The hood looks like the 551 suburban hood in every way (with the pull out choke and throttle controls) except this hood has a slotted grill. The hood fits and looks like it belongs on this tractor. I know your going to want to see pictures and I will post them as soon as can figure out how. What I would like to know. Was there a suburban 550 with a slotted grill ? What tractor would have had this hood ? I am perty sure that it is a suburban 550 it even has the orginal motor the Lauson 5.5 Hp

TT

The "service" or replacement hood for the '60/'61 mid-engined tractors had the slotted grille. I assume this was because WH used the same dies they were using to stamp the 1962 thru 1968 grilles and didn't want to change back for such a small production run.

:thumbs:

Buzz

Oh yeah, your L-157 is a 1967 Lawn Ranger. In 1968 the Lawn Rangers were models 1-1631 (pull start) and 1-2631 (electric start)

And a big :thumbs:

Rideawaysenior

:thumbs: and :whistle:

Duff

:whistle: , and like the rest of the group, looking forward to pictures!

Glad you found us!

Duff :thumbs:

WHC-125

Dan,

And BTW your really going to love.. this site :whistle:

TJ

Do you happen to own any Standardbred race horses?

pond195520032003

:whistle: Dan, and nice horses :thumbs:

DanPatch

Thanks everyone, Pictures coming soon :thumbs: :whistle: