BMW1

D200 ID tag question

BMW1

Can someone tell me what the ID tag numbers below mean?  The tag is on a wheel horse D200.  The numbers were hard to see so if one does not seem correct, let me know.

91-20KS02 11287

Also wondering what was considered standard equipment on this model.  Looks like someone may have removed the 3 point hitch but maybe this model did not come with one.  It does not have rear pto either.  There is no kind of hitch on the back currently.

Thanks

• Like 1

"D"- Man

Appears to be a 91-20KS02 1979 D Series Garden Tractor D-200 Automatic Kohler K532S-53105A 20 Sundstrand 90-1173, Mark.

• Like 2

pacer

That number indicates its from 1979. I think the K indicates Kohler eng and S the Sundstrand tranny, the 02 is something also but I cant recall it. I dont know what 'standard' equip was.

My D-200 also has no PTO or 3pt but has a full instrument cluster and lights, my D-180 has both PTO and 3pt but limited inst, and my D-160 only the 3pt and is otherwise plain - no lights of any kind and only an amp gauge. So they seem to run many different ways...

While typing I see someone else replied also--------

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Added you numbers to the list

Garry

• Like 1

Sarge

The 200 was a loaded model , should have the pto shaft , clutch and full 3pt hitch on it along with a full set of gauges and the deluxe seat/lights .

It's typical that these parts get robbed over the years..

Sarge

• Like 1

pfrederi

Turning Brakes were optional on Ds but maybe came standard on D200s along with what Sarge listed.  also 200s had the bigger taller 8 gallon gas tank

• Like 1

pacer

Yeah but....... my 1979 D-200 does NOT have PTO or 3 point nor the turn brakes and does not have the 'deluxe' seat, and it hasnt been modified at all (it was very original when I got it) Oh, and it has the under the seat cooling fan also.

From what BMW was saying in the first post, sounds like his 200 didnt have any extras either.

• Like 1

pfrederi
2 hours ago, pacer said:

Yeah but....... my 1979 D-200 does NOT have PTO or 3 point nor the turn brakes and does not have the 'deluxe' seat, and it hasnt been modified at all (it was very original when I got it) Oh, and it has the under the seat cooling fan also.

From what BMW was saying in the first post, sounds like his 200 didnt have any extras either.

Interesting...I suppose it had to do with what the dealer ordered and what he thought would sell best in his market.  I have everything but the cooling fan on mine.  Can;'t have the cooling fan with the rear PTO and Easy ride seat.

• Like 1

"D"- Man
20 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Interesting...I suppose it had to do with what the dealer ordered and what he thought would sell best in his market.  I have everything but the cooling fan on mine.  Can;'t have the cooling fan with the rear PTO and Easy ride seat.

"Can;'t have the cooling fan with the rear PTO and Easy ride seat."  

I am certain that it is possible to have the cooling fan with the rear P.T.O. the bracket that the fan mounts to has a cut-out where the shaft passes by it.

• Like 1

pfrederi
1 minute ago, "D"- Man said:

"Can;'t have the cooling fan with the rear PTO and Easy ride seat."  

I am certain that it is possible to have the cooling fan with the rear P.T.O. the bracket that the fan mounts to has a cut-out where the shaft passes by it.

I guess it is the easy ride seat that is the problem The big spring is in the way.  i tried to stuff a fan in several ways no luck wound up with a little 4" box fan (like they use in cooling computers...not very powerful.  If any one has got the fullsized fan and Easy ride PLEASE take picture

• Like 2

KC9KAS
10 hours ago, Sarge said:

The 200 was a loaded model , should have the pto shaft , clutch and full 3pt hitch on it along with a full set of gauges and the deluxe seat/lights .

It's typical that these parts get robbed over the years..

Sarge

Mine has 3 pt and rear PTO and full set of gauges. Don't remember what year though.

• Like 1

BMW1

Thank you everyone for your comments.  The D200 I have must have come from the same dealer as Pacers's  because mine has a cooling fan in it as well!  It does not look like the one in the parts diagram I was looking at though.  Not sure if PO replaced it or just added this.  It's wired right to the ignition.  As soon as the ignition is turned on the fan starts. See fan picture below.

DSCF2849.JPG

pfrederi

That is not an original fan...but looks about the same as the one i was finally able to fit in with the easy ride seat.

I am beginning to think the cooling fan like the dampener assembly was a matter of what year WH you have.