Sign in to follow this  
TWeddle

new from Bama

TWeddle

hey yall im new to the site and would like to share my WheelHorse 418 with yall. it is a C class and one heck of a work horse. My parents bought it new in 1987 and i still have the books for the tractor and the deck. Ive been using it for 3 yrs now myself and it surprises alot of folks on how strong it is when pulling a braking plow or even towing old VWs around my yard.

hunter.jpg

my 4 yr old son .. he loves to drive

BairleaFarm

:thumbs: and good looking tractor

Duff

:whistle: !

Nice looking machine, and handsome young fella you got there!

Glad you found us, and make yourself at home!

Duff :thumbs:

Teddy da Bear

:thumbs: Glad you could join us!

Actually I think the "C" in the model

number of your 418 stands for "commercial".

Someone else might be able to help verify that.

fritz

Hey,

Welcome to Red Square. :whistle: You got any VW's for sale :whistle:

Devin :thumbs: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Brian1045

:thumbs: :whistle::whistle:

WARNING:

Spending a lot of time on this site can... and has been known to lead to addictions in ways beyond your control!! :banana:

TWeddle

Thanks Yall... :whistle: yeah the C is for commercial believe me the looks when i go and try to find parts. my PTO clutch plate exploded about 2 yrs ago . i had a hard time finding one. well i build VWs also and was sitting in my shop and looked at a 6 volt VW clutch and grabbed the wheelhorse one. after i drilled out the brads and jb welded it to the broke disc plate i was back mowing. and i also have a VW oil pressure switch on it since the other was leaking. i mowed my pasture yesterday with it parked it in the barn and decided it will get repainted before this yrs season starts.

:thumbs: dont have any VWs for sale right now building 2 for other folks . i spend alot of time on www.thesamba.com its a VW classified /forum site. i did see a VW powered John Deere at a show last yr. i cant imagine mowing with a 60 hp motor lol

TJ

:thumbs:

WHC-125

:whistle: , This is a great site that is full of great people and thats a nice looking horse you got yourself their :thumbs:

TWeddle

thanks.... anyone here ever adapt a log splitter to there tractor. i figure i could hook into my hydraulics.

kpinnc

thanks.... anyone here ever adapt a log splitter to there tractor. i figure i could hook into my hydraulics.

Haven't done it myself, but you could set something up with a high pressure pump and run it from your PTO. The hydraulics on your tractor are not only low volume, but only make about 800 PSI max. Not nearly enough for the speed or power you'd want for log splitting. Plenty for raising and lowering implements, but that's about it.

If you've ever seen WH tractors with a front end loader, they are running an external pump from the PTO. Otherwise it would move so slow it wouldn't be worth much.

Kevin

pond195520032003

:dunno: TW glad you found us and hope you enjoy your self here :whistle: a bit :thumbs: my brother has a maxi taxi v dub :whistle:

KyBlue

:thumbs: Glad ya found us!

TWeddle

fiances father had a old lawn tractor in his shop i aired up the tires today and moved it out. i dont know what it was someone had painted it JD green. its set up like my 418 has a 3 point hitch on the back. someone has put the motor on it its a 25 hp kolher commando electric start. has the key start on the motor itself. ill post pictures tomorrow yall will get a kick out of this thing.

:thumbs: heres the past ghia i painted and drove

ghia4.jpg

TWeddle

ghiahorse.jpg

to justify the last photo heres the WH working towing one around.