Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

The 60" at work

jusjeepn

This is the third time this season I've got to use it, but haven't got any pics...Till now! :whistle: We got 10" of powder this time around so I thought it would be a good test.

002-2.jpg

I had to clear the stable door way first since I didn't back it in last use.

001-3.jpg

got a clear shot and let er fly!

003-4.jpg

006-2.jpg

Bailey loves the snow

005-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

I just plowed a path to get out and then headed south 3/4 mile to plow out my neighbor! Since our road was only open to one lane I decided to help the county out. This is the return trip.

007-3.jpg

now it's time for my drive.

008-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

012-4.jpg

015-2.jpg

This plow is awesome! ( and the tractor ain't bad either)

017-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

had a little carnage right before I was done. Some of the last snow piles were still there and had solidified under the new powder. I hit one pile just a little to hard with the blade angled and had a small snafu! :thumbs:

019-2.jpg

Nothing a little grinding and welding can't fix! :whistle:

kpinnc

Well Pat, there are no doubts as to whether it works well or not! Looks like it's a great addition! :thumbs:

KyBlue

Looks like it does a great job. :thumbs: You should be very proud of your creation!

stevebo

is that a 520 pushing that beast of a plow?

jusjeepn

yes it is

WHC-125

Steve now you have to get a 60 inch plow for your 520 and the extension because you have the swept forward front axle :thumbs:

Old Iron

Nice!! Thanks for the pictures. :banana:

Our big snow storm turned to rain. They called for 6-12 but we got maybe 4 then rain. :thumbs:

Mike

Pat, Looks like it did a great job, we got 6in snow then 1 1/2 ice then back to snow another 7 inches, glad the power lines held. :thumbs:

Operator

Nice work. Is there any problem with side slipping? Or didn't you take more than you can push type thing. Fun at nite isn't it.

stevasaurus

nice pics...we didn't get that snow in northern Illinois :whistle:

the only thing better then plowing at night...is setting on the ice.

I am jelous :thumbs:

Nick

Looks like the big blade and 520 did a good job on the snow. :thumbs: Although I'll have to admit to probably being the only person who saw your topic title and thought "wonder when he took pictures of his 60" deck mowing". :whistle: :whistle:

Duff

Although I'll have to admit to probably being the only person who saw your topic title and thought "wonder when he took pictures of his 60" deck mowing". :whistle::dunno:

Nope, Nick - I thought the same thing on first reading! :whistle:

Duff :thumbs:

Raider

Very nice plow, looks like your tractor can handle it just fine.

Are you having good luck with the KJ?

williambogner

Do you have the D 200 on ebay for sale?

jusjeepn

Thanks guys! This thing plows like no other I've had. I have to give alot of the credit to the 520 though. This is the first year I've used more than 12 ponies to push with. I love it!!!! I do have a little side slip if I apply down pressure with the blade. I was thinking about the chains around the front tire but decided not to. If I just lift the blade a tad bit so it's just skimming, I have no problem. These tires are old so I'm gonna try an old ice racing trick and stud the tires. Low speed , low weight, should last a few winters :thumbs:

The KJ does great! The ZJ does better 4" lift and 33" A/T tires. Goes anywhere!

The wind has picked up and when I got thome I had a 3' drift blocking the drive. I busted through it with the jeep just to get in the drive. I repaired the broken piece and went back to plowing tonight. Also had to repair a tire. Somehow I had caught the tube valve stem on something and cut it. I removed the tube and found out why there was a tube in there to begin with. After plugging 7 holes it held air. Weather man says we have a noreaster coming this way so I decided to go ahead and move my piles back too

004-5.jpg

My 4' snow banks on either side of my drive are now 11 paces (about 33') apart! This gives me about 6' on either side of my drive to plow the snow when it gets here. Bring it on!!!!

No, I don't have a D-200 to sell

jusjeepn

Quick update! I talked to my father-in-law (a JD man) and he has no plow for his green wanna-be tractors (2 of em). Tomorrow I will take the 520 and a 42" blade to his house for the rest of the winter! My plowing duties will be taken over by the 69 Electro with the 60" blade. :whistle: :thumbs:

Operator

Pat, He's going to try and trade two greens for one red. And you are going to turn him down right? I wouldn't trade my 520's for a new Toro. Great machines.

jusjeepn

I might be tempted! A 140 hydro and a 455! Worth a lot more than the 520! I could buy 3 520's for what I could sell em for :thumbs:

bmuone

Lookin good, but with all that snow you qualify for a snow blower!!...Dayton