Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

520 on ebay

Kelly

There is a nice 520 8 speed on ebay. The guy says he'll take any offer over $700 I wish I could aford that tractor An 8 speed!!! Here's the auction no. 260205025242

kelly in cold MI.

TT

Trust me, Kelly....

The only thing great about them is that there was only 225 made.

It's a good price, but they're over-rated.

(speaking from experience:)

060c333e.jpg

By the way..... he contacted me about it this morning:

"Dear wh1056,

Hi

I was reading a wheelhorse forum and come across a few post that said you had a 520-8 wheelhorse up for sale. I just aqquired one and was wondering what they were worth. I paid $700

Thanks

Dale"

Kelly

Terry, Over rated or not I think it would be kinda cool to own one. A small piece of history in the making. Only 225! numbers that low on a WH was last on what? I'm sure someone said that about the 953 or 1054 Not that they are great tractors but also kinda cool, big, the first of there kind. Just my two cents worth. I'm not trying to rant on. I know my C-121 or C-141 8 speeds will probably work as hard and give me less problems (onan) than the 520 But you have one, Your own piece of history. :D

Kelly in MI.

TT

Nope, I HAD one.

They only built (sold) 225 of them because apparently everyone wanted 520 Hydros.

Mine was a beautiful 1 owner, under 500 hour original tractor with a 48" deck and a 48" dozer blade. I bought it because I was tired of seeing it set outside at the local Kubota dealer. I tried mowing with it, but it was too slow in second gear and too fast in third. They are very plain -- manual lift, no chrome anything, no extra gauges, or even armrests. It also consumed fuel like the Mack I drive at work. :P

I am not condemning the tractor, but only being realistic. The guy I sold mine too was taking it to upstate NY to use. I did not try to discourage him based on the low production numbers, but I told him if he had a chance to hook it to a pulling sled, don't be shocked if he beat all the other tractors in the stock and probably most of the modified classes! :D They will PULL!

baerpath

I wonder if thats one I pull against. You remember where the guy was from ?

Theres 4 500 series that pull in our group non with an Ono's all with kohlers

One was bought 520-8 was bought at a cub dealer with a blown engine for 200.00

Just curious :D :P

TT

I just looked up where mine went. It was up around Strykersville, NY -- sort of over by Buffalo. An older guy who was tired of "cheap, tin-can" lawnmowers was directed to it by his Wheel Horse-fanatic nephew. His nephew told him if he bought the 520, he would never have to buy another mower again, and I told him he was exactly right! :D

I don't think he actually planned on pulling with it though. :P

TT

Well, did you see what some BIG MOUTH did? :P

Nothing like F%#king it up for the next guy, huh? :D

Here's the transcript from the first listing:

"Question & Answer Answered On

Q: hi did you no that there were only 250 of the 8 speed 520 ever made what you have is a extremely rare garden tractor and in wicked nice cond the value is at least 2500.00 if not more in the cond yours is in ive seen them in bad cond and go for 1800.00 to 2000.00 man i wish you were closer jeff Jan-19-08

A: No I didn't know that. What would you do? pull auction? I already had a guy wanting to buy now, and ask if I could deliver. Kinda hate to pull it out from under him. Hate more to lose a grand. Thanks for the info. Dale "

It now has a $1000 opening bid, and a $2000 B.I.N. :(

T-Mo

That email sounds like a guy on MTF - no punctuations; just one run-on sentence with a wayward train of thought and bad grammar. If it were a lot of misspelled words and improper use of words, then he would have been from Missouri. :D

BPjunk

This is a shame about the auction for the tractor .... ok for the seller maybe.

As for who wrote in and told .... I think I know as there is one word in the Question responce that points to a geographic area of the United States that uses this term in their slang.

Bill in Richmond, Va.

nylyon

We got us a good showing from New England, we can get us a possie sent up to MA...... :D

combatmp29r

What an idiot!! He didn't even help himself out here

TT

I call that "cranial-rectal syndrome" and the only thing "wicked" would be the blanket party someone should throw for him! (insert extended middle finger smiley here)

T-Mo

What an idiot!! He didn't even help himself out here

I don't think he was even a potential buyer - he just wanted to display his knowledge. Or at least, that is what I think.

I didn't catch that word - "wicked". Color me "dense". :D

Rollerman

Seems odd to me he was asking for offers?

I guess I'm just skeptical about ebay auctions like that.

I mean why not put a reserve price in there for what you paid & let it run?

Chances are good he may have got some good bids....most likely from his "wicked" buyer. <_<

Jim_M

I was thinking about bidding on it when I first saw it. It's about 200 miles from me though, and I wasn't excited about the drive, if I ended up with it. Now that the opening bid is a grand, I don't need to worry about the drive.

Brrly1

Whats up? Well I was one of the first to call this YO-YO after it had been taken off of ebay. He told me some other YO-YO from Florida had called him and told him it was worth 2500 dollars. At which point he offered it to me for 1500 told him you are out of luck. I had a friend in Illinois that was going to use the Buy it now for a 1000 and when he went back to it , the auction was discontinued. So anyway next time I guess I should just clicked buy it now and deal with the dumb stuff later.

Burly :P :D

Brrly1

Hey Karl How many YO-YO's do we have here in the group from Florida?

And here I thought I would like to live there someday. NOT

Burly :D

Curmudgeon

Nope, I HAD one.

They are very plain -- manual lift, no chrome anything, no extra gauges, or even armrests. :D

Don't know how to break this to you Terry, but these mostly sound like PLUSSES to me. All those worthless gauges and chrome just go against the grain of what is the single best feature of most of my Wheel Horses.

BASIC, simple machines built to work, not for show like Home Depot mowers.

MaineDad

Guys,

I just replied to a thread on MTF about a 520-8. This guy wanted to know more about them - wonder if it's on the same tractor.

Anyways the auction has ended. I guess I'll have to find out who this "Jeff" is on MTF because it's not ringing a bell with me.

I also agree with thirdroc that the less on the tractor the better. Just more stuff to break. If only they used Kohler and not Onans.

TT

Don't know how to break this to you Terry, but these mostly sound like PLUSSES to me. All those worthless gauges and chrome just go against the grain of what is the single best feature of most of my Wheel Horses.

BASIC, simple machines built to work, not for show like Home Depot mowers.

That's the point I was trying to make, Dale.

Why would you pay MORE for LESS ?

Rollerman

Why would you pay MORE for LESS ?

Well in some cases...less is more. :P

With only 225 made that makes it a very desirable tractor to some.

The seller is being a bit odd about his auction though....ending it & relisting it.

Maybe I'll wright him & say there were only 30 built & the last one sold at the Barret Jackson auction for $75,000.00. :D

T-Mo

Good one, Stephen. :P Even though there were only 225 built, that don't necessary make it desirable to me, though I imagined it would to some. :D

TT

OK then...... how's this? The original $700 to $1000 was a good price (I paid $1200 for mine last February and it also had a 48" plow with it and less than 500 hours) until that BIG MOUTH ruined it.

I'll just leave it at that. :D

Rollerman

Oh don't take me wrong Terry...700 to a 1000 ...or your 1200 would be a great price. :P

Got to love it when an expert chimes in on someone like that....stupid is is stupid does. :D

combatmp29r

I agree. What good did this guy think would come of telling the the guy all that? Yeah it has a bid, but I bet thats all he gets.