Sign in to follow this  
Nick

More winter fun in Ohio

Nick

Well we finally got a good snow here in Ohio. I didnt see the official numbers but had to be around 10 inches and maybe even more. Plowed out our drive, the parking lot next to us, couple neighbors driveways and a friends drive on the other side of town. :horseplay:

Video

jan28005.jpg

jan28006.jpg

jan28014.jpg

HarleyMan46929

Nice loader-plow setup...I'll bet you can push snow up into higher piles with that loader framing and hydraulics. Nice job plowing, too! Betcha' can't wait for MORE snow, can you??? But where are you going to pile it next time? Looks like you've filled most of the available spots with the snow from this storm, unless you have more room than the pictures show.

HarleyMan46929

Nick

The bottom picture is a neighbors drive but on one side I have him plowed about 4' to 8' into the grass. Never know when you might get hit hard a couple times in a row and need extra room to put it all. Our own lot on the other hand has very little space plus to many trucks, trailers and a Dozer sitting around in the way. Making it hard for me to plow the snow back this year. If things get bad I will have to make room somehow. Maybe fire up the 450 crawler. :thumbs:

Rideawaysenior

Nick,

I used to have a Ford 120 with a loader on it. I picked up an small single stage blower that was for an older Sears Custom tractor and mounted it on the loader arms using a plate that I fabbed up. It ran using a 6.5hp Honda Chinese knock off. That was the most useful setup I ever had. I mainly built it, because at the end of my street on the cul-de-sac the plows would push up the snow into large banks which would block up the street drains and cause some flooding. I would use it for tearing them down as well as lowering the banks that would be plowed up at the streets end blocking view of on coming traffic from people in cars other then SUV's. Make an already long story short, the rear hubs on the axle developed some wobble over the years, and I hit a solid object when I had the bucket on, and I broke the hub along with taking a chunk out of the axle right on the key slot. Being I had difficulty finding parts, I sold it to a Ford collector. Not sure what happened to it from there. I sure do miss that set up now though.

Point of the story was, ever think of making one of those for your set up? Also, you have a real nice rig there. Excellent job on the fab work.

Jack

Raider

That tractor really can do it all, and without a driver even! :thumbs:

69DEZ

I never get sick of seeing that tractor at work!!!!!!! :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

WheelHorse_of_course

:whistle: Don't worry guys, if Nick runs out of room he can put the bucket on and use it to move it somewhere else!

:dunno::whistle:

:lol::thumbs:

PS - Nick, too bad you didn't invent the Load Ranger sooner. Had Wheel Horse offered it it would have been the cheapest loader made! :banana:

iicap

Nick, great job on all, pics, video, loader. although new to the site, yours was the first VIDEO I've seen, loved it. I'll have to look at your posts/ threads for anything you put out on building the loader as I have great interest in a loader for my yard. Thanks, Richard

Nick

Richard, If your interested in videos and builds try a quick search for posts by Stigian , Ian's in the UK and has posted several pics/vids following some of his fabrication work. Also can find him on YouTube I also have a loader video on YouTube

Stigian

Nice vid Nick :whistle:

The plow blade on your loader works a treat.

I cant tell by the vid, do you have chains fitted to those duels :thumbs:

As for pointing Richard (welcome to RS by the way) in my direction for builds and video's.... Your making me blush, but :whistle:

Nick

Ian, No chains on the duals. Just me and the 200 pound hanging on the 3pt hitch for traction. :thumbs: