Sign in to follow this  
Oldarmy

Mower deck finished on my 77 B80

Oldarmy

So I finished up the spindle replacements. I found some older stock Stens units. Got two on Amazon and one on EBay $20 ea. delivered. What a difference. It sounded like a jet nearby before, now can't hear it over the motor. While I had the deck off I decided to coat the underside with some POR-15 I had kicking around. Interested to see how it holds up. Looks like the deck had some custom surgery done to the discharge side. I don't believe they normally neck down like mine is where it discharges. I found a set of nos blades on EBay too had to pay $ 62 clams for them as others were bidding.  Also put on the new B80 8 speed decals from Redo your Horse but not shown in this picture.

DSCF2228.JPG

DSCF2227.JPG

00G0G_hcRlzIa7Cow_600x450.jpg

• Like 4

Tankman

Looks great! Bet your Stallion agrees too.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

redone

Solenoid problems on B80. Can't seem to make auto parts solenoids work. Has two small post, one is for switch, the I for eng. Hookup battery cables. Engine turns over with out touching the key. Switch wires around, same issue. 

Why won't these work?

Tankman
41 minutes ago, redone said:

Solenoid problems on B80. Can't seem to make auto parts solenoids work. Has two small post, one is for switch, the I for eng. Hookup battery cables. Engine turns over with out touching the key. Switch wires around, same issue. 

Why won't these work?

Bad switch? Disconnect wires from the switch then touch 'em together?

Let's hear from Sparky and, moderator move your post to electrical forum. :handgestures-thumbupright: