rustyedge1

Wheel Horse 8 Info wanted

rustyedge1

I am familiar with the B series tractors but don't know about this one photo'd. Any input ?

fi31.cgi.jpeg

fi32.cgi.jpeg

• Like 3

Sparky

It's a 1973 model. Essentially a B-80 but with smaller rear wheels.

Mike....

• Like 3

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

rustyedge1 It is what Mike said the first gen of the B80 Since the 1st year was 74. They have smaller tires witch I hate. I like this tractor with standard tires. Good power and easy to move. Enjoy it.

• Like 1

Racinbob

It's pretty much identical to the prior years Commando 800. 6" front rims and 10" rears. I restored a 1972 800 for my grandson and put 22x7.50-12's on the rear that I took off a 1976 B-80. I liked the look. In any case you have a nice stout machine there and it looks to be in great shape.:)

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

It's pretty much identical to the prior years Commando 800. 6" front rims and 10" rears. I restored a 1972 800 for my grandson and put 22x7.50-12's on the rear that I took off a 1976 B-80. I liked the look. In any case you have a nice stout machine there and it looks to be in great shape.:)

That is what I am looking into this spring B80 tires. will look good this way. I only have 6-12`s on the back and saw tooth on the front.

• Like 1

rustyedge1

Thanks all for the input. I thought it might be an early B-80 type but didn't know for sure. Wasn't familiar with the smaller rear tires. Again thx.

Elkskin's mower junkyard

what they said its a 73. i brought one home last year from mower junkyard i work at. put a newer model k181 on it and drove it around and found out trans had some issues. i also had a c125 i brought home so guese what ended up in that 73 8hp tractor a 8 pinion 8 speed lol

Edited by craftsmanmowerfreak