Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Twin 160's

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, Since the decision was made for both of the C-160's to be sold, I went ahead and started on the '76 model. This is the one that came with the FEL last year. (Well, maybe I'll keep it for a snow blade tractor, and general use.) Took the 2-stage blower off of it, etc.

P1014960.JPG

Dropped the sheetmetal off at the blaster's on Friday. Degreased and washed what was left last night, as well as taking apart the dash tower, wiring harness, etc. The smaller parts are going to my friend's house, so I can borrow his blaster. When the new garage is done, I'll have a big blaster, but that's a whole other thread.

The PO had painted it, and painted EVERYTHING ! I managed to get the red paint off the original Kohler decals (whew!). Now I have to deal with the hyd hoses, wiring, etc.

There's a for-real body shop 2 doors down from my house, so I'm going to ask about renting his spray booth (again, the new garage will have it's own). The rattle can Valspar is ok on the smaller parts, but I'm not overly impressed with it on the larger parts (hood, fenderpan). So I'm going to sand them down again, and re-spray them with the HVLP gun. I'll give the Valspar another try in that format. Cross your fingers! If that doesn't work, I'm going back to automotive paint, and never looking back!

Forgot to take the camera along home last night, but you already know what a disassembled C-160 look like.... LOL.

So here's what the lineup looks like at the all-star break (of course, subject to change):

1077 w/42" deck (original paint all over) retired to shows and general putting around. Also a good backup in case the mower machine is down.

C-520 FEL (dedicated)

520-H 60" deck in the summer, 2-stage blower in the winter

'76 C-160 (or something similar) snow blade duty, and general cart towing, show cruising

Eldon.

Rollerman

Sounds like a good line up Eldon...but it's an addiction & you will get more. :D

Do tell more about this bigger shop you are hinting about?

Just curious...have you had a chance to move the 60" deck around or take it on or off the tractor?...how are they to handle if you have?

I'll have your parts boxed up this weekend too.

kj4kicks

I'm not as good as others with MS Paint, but here's the general idea:

Attached Image

post-3-1200760909.jpg

T-Mo

I know what you mean about the PO painting everything - my C-141 is like that. Whoever painted it painted over everything, decals, hoses, id plates, lights, etc.

I can't wait to see what this C-160 looks like when you're down. I also anticipating the thread on the new garage.