HamptonT

Seat Repair

HamptonT

I have a 1996 314-8 and the seat has a number of cracks in the plastic covering in the typical areas. I was thinking about just cleaning it and putting black duct tape over the cracks. Anyone have any better ideas or advice?

pfrederi

Tape is at best a temp fix.  It starts pealing away or stretches at a different rate than the seat vinyl.  i hope some one has a good idea here.My solution so far is new seats...

Tankman

WVHillbilly520H

A TSC or Northern Tool fabric seat for $20 as that 314 should be of the mid/low back style vs the high back on my 520s, or an auto upholstery shop but that could lead to as much as a new replacement, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170323-120115.png

C-85

I have used black Gorilla duct tape and it has help up well.  I've used it on my W/H seats and also my Ski-doo seats.  I had my doubts when I put it on, but that was years ago and it has still help up and it's just like the day I put it on.  I cut all the corners to a round shape before I applied the tape and I think that also helped to prevent it from peeling.

Good luck!:)

C-85

doc724

C-85 has the best answer I think.  Rounded ends are the secret.  Guess that is why Band-aids have rounded ends!

• Like 3

maxiblue

I used gorilla upholster tape that made for that comes in black and clear used that for a few years works good but just got my seat done over 2 weeks ago. old seat with tape. and new seat.

old.JPG

new.JPG

Edited by maxiblue
  • Like 1

chev0545

I take mine to a upholstery shop $40 to  $50

• Like 1