zoloft

Belt Guard problem, Deck lug problem

zoloft

Sorry if this seems a dumb question, but my 14hp B&S 38HXL has been chewing deck drive belts for a while. When I went to replace the most recent failed deck drive belt the other day I noticed that the engine pulley belt guards for the deck drive belt were missing (i'd guess somewhere in the yard). I have located the part numbers in the manual but I am damned if I can work out where they actually fit to the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the manual diagram is hard to follow.

Also one of the lugs at the rear of the deck has come away. There are a couple of smallish holes where the lug separated from the deck. The deck metal looks solid enough as does the lug. Will it be strong enough if I clean up the metal around the hole and around the base of the lug and then just mig weld it back in place, or should I cover the damage with a welded plate and then reattach the lug to that? 

Edited by zoloft
  • Like 1

Achto

:WRS:  Could you post a couple of pictures so we can see just what you're dealing with?

• Like 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, zoloft said:

engine pulley belt guards

Are you talking about the rods that point down in front of & off to the sides of the engine pulley? Yes some pics would help. I have one of these tractors if you need some pics.

BTW :WRS:

Adams94

:WRS::wwp:

roadapples

:WRS: