Sign in to follow this  
Rideawaysenior

D250

Rideawaysenior

Thanks to Wild Bill, I am well on my way to a rebuild of my D250. Continental Engines in South Carolina can get new parts for the Renault engine 800.01 from the factory. They are pretty reasonably priced too. Today I went to harbor Freight Tools to buy an engine stand so I can get to work. The stand was 35.99 and has a 1,000lb capacity. This is going to be allot of fun. Bill P. Thank you very much. Another one saved from the junk pile.

Jack in MA keepin it RED

combatmp29r

Good to hear Jack. That should be a heck of a beast when done. Keep us updated and :D

BPjunk

Jack,

Always remember the first rule of rebuilding ........

Do not order any parts until every thing has been throughly checked over! :D

Keep a clipboard right next to where you are working and write down every part that needs replacing.

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Rollerman

There a neat tractor & hope to meet one in the flesh someday.

I see the one from Columbus,OH on craigslist is no longer listed.

That one looked sharp...but oh so pricey. :D

Rideawaysenior

Bill,

That is what I am doing. I also have my digital camera handy too so I can have pictures handy when it all goes back together. If I am like most people, A picture referance is much easier for me to use when putting everything back together. Thanks again for everyones help.

Jack

Stigian

If I am like most people, A picture referance is much easier for me to use when putting everything back together.

Well, the good news is, you are like most people Jack :P:(:(:o

Your doing the right thing taking all loads of photo's :(

Im so glad i took loads of photos of my Raider 10 rebuild or id still be trying to work out how it all goes back together :D

Nick

They are nice looking tractors and that 4 cyl engine power would be nice but the prospect of finding parts has scared me off from looking at them. I think I had heard transmission parts are the hardest to find. Saw a D-250 with loader on ebay that was less than 40 miles away but said it had a noise in the trans or something. It didnt sell but I still wonder if someone from the WH groups made any offers after it ended.

Nick in Ohio

Rideawaysenior

Nick,

I have found that engine parts are still available from Continental Engines in South Carolina. That company can order new OEM parts from the factory and get them in a reasonable amount of time. Their prices are somewhat reasonable too. As for the rest of the machine, I just hoard what I can and buy what I can afford from ebay. I pretty much am resigned to the fact that if the tranny goes, I'm all done with my D250.

Jack

Curmudgeon

Contact information for Continental Engines in South Carolina might come in handy for someone who's looking for parts.

Nick

Jack,

If I found one at a good price I sure would bring it home. Like you say just go into it knowing the transsmission could be a problem. It might take some work but it might be fixed, maybe custom build some parts, or just replace the transmission with something else. It might get me stoned by the masses but if it was broken and looked to hard to fix I would consider parting one out. The parts would help other 250 owners. :D

T-Mo

For those who want it, here's the link for Continental Engines:

Continental Engines

Rideawaysenior

**UPDATE**

Today I went to the garage and put a rubber strap wrench on the front crank pulley and, ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

IT TURNED. :D:(

Now, :(:P the rear two pistons are stuck in the sleeves. As I turn the crank, the rear two pistons move up and down with the sleeves. LOL. The good news is, it was just stuck from sitting around. Tomorrow I am going to heat the sleeves with map gas and hopefully that will break them free. This puts me at ease mostly because the rebuild is not going to be BUKU bucks as I first feared. I think a set of rings, a complete gasket and seal set and carb kit and I should be on my way to an operational machine.

And for the curious, the tractor was in gear when I spun the crank and it moved so it appears as the tranny is in ok shape.

Jack

Curmudgeon

For those who want it, here's the link for Continental Engines:

Continental Engines

Thanks!!!!!

I've found I can often search and search, but never find something so obvious!!!!