Phyberoptic

Commando 7 - new to me

Phyberoptic

Picked up a Commando 7 today. Thought I was going to pick up a small horizontal, and find the vertical techumse 7hp.  Put the jump pack on and a shot of ether got it started so on the trailer she went.

image1 (3).JPG

image2 (3).JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

• Like 7

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:     Good little Tractor Show Kruiser there.   :text-bravo:

• Like 2

Phyberoptic

Well we'll see how she pulls (pushes) after I clean her up and rebuild the carb.  I think I have a plow blade that will fit so she can push the snow off the driveways.  Right now I'm using a 7HP Cub to clear the drive but that's a horizontal Briggs clutch connected to a three speed.  

-=Phyber

ClassicTractorProfessor

Nice score...bought my wife a Commando V8 last summer...wasn't too keen on the vertical engine at first but the little tractor has proved itself very handy several times. It's even allowed to rest in the shed with the big boys LOL. Always starts right up and runs when nothing else will too. 

FB_IMG_1483885849097.jpg

• Like 2

T-Mo

Nice V.  From what I've experienced, the Vs aren't as common nor popular as the horizontal shafted Wheel Horses.  But, from what I've read here, they're capable machines, well worthy of the Wheel Horse name.

Phyberoptic

So there is a plow for sale close by. $50 which sounds good to me but are they all the same or is there a specific model # that will fit the V?  This one has the remnants of the tag with  0848BC01  on it.

00Z0Z_hTu7cNXOW1F_1200x900.jpg

-=Steve

Sparky

That's a great price....but....I don't think it's the correct plow for your machine. That plow connects to the rear axles or transmission on a regular garden tractor such as the C series. 

Hers a link to manuals for your machine (or close to it). The correct plow was model# 6-7111.

Mike.....

• Like 1

Phyberoptic

Your right, the one for the V7 mounts up front.  But, I looked at the other stuff he had listed and he is parting out a C-145 auto, which I happen to also have (and need a few parts for so I pick up the plow for it and replace my busted up fiberglass seat pan with the metal one he has.

I rebuilt the carb on the V7 and flushed the tank... yuck it had really turned to varnish and watery muck.  Put in a battery cranked and it ran. Only a quater turn off from peaked.  The engine has a lot of torque for a small old Tecumseh.  The gearbox however is quite low and 1st gear is way slow.  Third is not what I'd call fast.  But all gears work and clutch is in good order so time for a good cleaning and we'll see what she inspires me to do with her.  Gonna change the oil and run down a new air filter.  All in all a good day. ;-)

-=Phyber

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The 08-48BC01 is more than likely 06-48BC01.

Garry