rmaynard

Plowing Snow...I am now a believer...in Hydro's

Kurt-NEPA
15 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I just finished 90 minutes of fun time on the 312 H with my home made foot control.   Cleared 6 driveways and the stone road.    The 2" wasn't much of a test, but what fun!

I am also Officially a believer in the rubber chains.  

+1 on the rubber chains.  I'm impressed.  I put them on my 520H with a two stage this year.  Not much use so far (3 small storms), but they have performed better than steel chains on my paved driveway. We'll see what happens in a major storm or some ice.  Stay tuned.

Edited by Kurt-NEPA
  • Like 1

js5020

I used to be a firm believer in gear drives for tractors, or anything else that had to do hard work.  But after owning and using a bunch of different hydro machines now over the years I wouldn't go back to gear drivers.  Love the 2 pedal design on the green + yellow grass cutter and being able to put a foot control on the 16 auto would be the cats meow!

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

Glenn I correct my corrected ,boy is that dumb. I just got a message from Matt and he said 

The kits fit the C161 series with an updated cam, not the C160 series. A few people have been able to make it work on the 160 series but it's not easy.

So I say again it won't work for me and my C160 i wish it did.

• Like 1

JackC

Glenn, Welcome to the elite Black Hood C-175 club. That C-175 is a beauty. Nice angle for the picture to show off that design and the fender looks great from that angle. I like the hydro lever on the floor much better then the hydro lever on the steering column. That C-175 also has a higher top speed than the newer 520Hs so it can get the work done faster.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
7 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

Glenn I correct my corrected ,boy is that dumb. I just got a message from Matt and he said 

The kits fit the C161 series with an updated cam, not the C160 series. A few people have been able to make it work on the 160 series but it's not easy.

So I say again it won't work for me and my C160 i wish it did.

Bob, thanks for the update on that. Darn shame, now you HAVE TO BUY another tractor, one the pedal works on. Lol

Isn't this hobby Great! 

Glenn

2 hours ago, JackC said:

Glenn, Welcome to the elite Black Hood C-175 club. That C-175 is a beauty. Nice angle for the picture to show off that design and the fender looks great from that angle. I like the hydro lever on the floor much better then the hydro lever on the steering column. That C-175 also has a higher top speed than the newer 520Hs so it can get the work done faster.

Thanks Jack, I could have swore you saw that before when I got it. I to like where the hydro lever is, it's real sweet. I will have to email you some pics. I found the blade a few months back. My son Mike is itching for some real snow headed here tomorrow (Saturday)

Don't worry, I am sure he will let the old man try it out.  I hope he does anyway. Lol

Glenn

8 hours ago, Kurt-NEPA said:

+1 on the rubber chains.  I'm impressed.  I put them on my 520H with a two stage this year.  Not much use so far (3 small storms), but they have performed better than steel chains on my paved driveway. We'll see what happens in a major storm or some it.  Stay tuned.

Thanks Kurt, standing by on that report.

Glenn

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Bob Good post lots of good feed back. As we get older it time to take of us and make things easier. Enjoy. 

• Like 2

Sarge

Your 1076 has a worn hydro cam slot on the aluminum side on the hydro control - it's common to see on the '66-'67 transmissions . I just use my foot to run the clutch pedal and use it as sort of a limiter on how far the handle moves the hydro cam while working the tractor - it actually works quite well but only does it for forward movement , not in reverse as I have to hold the lever manually . It does take some getting used to and I'd love to come up with a kit to work on the older style Sundstrand hydro units but there is very limited room due to the extra linkage in the trans tunnel . A simple forward/reverse pedal would be great to free up the hands to run the steering and hydro lift control instead of what we have now but it works with practice/time...

If you really want to tighten up the cam slot , some .005-.010" shim stock could be formed to fit in there ..

Sarge

• Like 1