Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

Looking to buy 2 round noses

BairleaFarm

Suburbans? The guy didn't know anything about them other than some one telling him they were from 1950 or 1951. I know they are not and he didnt see to care either way. He doesn't know the history on them. No motors and no decks. Hes asking $300. I should be going to look at them in the next day or so and would lkike to know if there is anything i should look for that would render these tractors as junk.

Bad pics but its all ive got.

3n33m63o21f212413491b2d4ba2efe11517.jpg

3kf3p33le1141371g591b7e5bc371a0771d.jpg

3nd3m43pd12b14c13791b2e0f4e867a8515.jpg

3na3m33o91191f513c91b54107f42f7821f.jpg

Ill be interested in seeing how those push bars are mounted to the front end.

bell

hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like a couple RJ's.... Definately one RJ, but I cannot tell from the pics about the other.... DEFINATELY a good buy in my opinion! :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Yeah, pics are small... but one is a RJ-35 and the other is a RJ-58 or 59. Picture #2 is the 35 and the one with the three piece tranny is the 58/59.

Coadster32

I'm likin' it. The RJ's are cool, and I'd like to restore one. Perhaps I should finish my 551 first! Looks like a score to me. :thumbs:

Brrly1

I think for $300 you are gonna come out the deal Looking Good!!! Nice Find!!!

Burly :thumbs::whistle::whistle: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :

BairleaFarm

Thanks guys. I know its hard to tell by the pictures but is one model better than the other? I should be going up and seeing(getting) these tomnorrow. :horseplay:

HorseFixer

Good job david! :thumbs: In drooling :whistle: Welcome to the round hood club! Just dont call em round nose's :whistle:

WheelHorse_of_course

Yes, jump on this

You won't need the 551 once you get these so I'll tow it away :whistle::whistle:

Actually the three of them will make a cool collection.

:dunno: :thumbs:

Jim_M

$300.00 is not a bad price for the pair considering that one of them is a RJ-35. I would buy them if I were you.

BairleaFarm

This guy wouldn't budge on the price at all. Seemed he had alot of request in fact some guy tried to buy them from me as I was pulling out of his driveway. This pics are crappy but gives you an idea of what ive got to work with. Seems ive got some homemade stuff and a cut hood. Off the top of my head the rj35 has a slot hitch. I dont think that blue steering wheel is OEM :thumbs: . Rear tires seem good and the front set of the 58/59 are good. I need to see if I can find serial numbers tomorrow. I was talking to an "old timer" that works in the shop and he thinks hes got an old Clinton engine in his garage. WooHoo

1-12-098.jpg

1-12-096.jpg

1-12-0910.jpg

1-12-093.jpg

BairleaFarm

You won't need the 551 once you get these so I'll tow it away

:thumbs: i dont have a 551 :whistle: