Sign in to follow this  
fordsonmajortom

Parts Prices

fordsonmajortom

I went to the local mower shop to get an air filter for the Kohler in my Raider 14.All they had got was a genuine Koher one. He then told me the price

Teddy da Bear

I am assuming that part is made in America....and subject to all the

cost it took to get it to you.

stevebo

that filter sells at napa parts store for about $8.00.

fordsonmajortom

I am assuming that part is made in America....and subject to all the

cost it took to get it to you.

yes made in USA , the carb kit I got for it was cheaper. and i saw in the local supermarket this morning a DVD player for less than

Mith

Michael, find out if he buys from central spares. Its a trade only company so you cant buy direct.

Kohler air filters are a few quid from them. LINK

fordsonmajortom

Michael, find out if he buys from central spares. Its a trade only company so you cant buy direct.

Kohler air filters are a few quid from them. LINK

many thanks for that i shall have to see if i can open an account there .

Mith

Unless you are planning on spending thousands you'll probably be better off just ordering through a dealer IMO. Trade terms probably wont be so good for small amounts.

KyBlue

Might be better off to get a RS member to pickup a few filters and other misc Parts and SHIP THEM TO YOU... gotta be less than 30 bucks for a single filter...

Teddy da Bear

Exactly what I was thinking.

From now on they shall be known as Wheel horse care packages. :hide:

I wouldn't mind helping out.

KyBlue

I wouldnt either. Next time I do a order from parts tree or another supplier, Ill post up and see if any of our friends across the pond need anything ...

Mith

Well guys, I need the bearing for the PTO cone (not the roller bearing inside it, the ball bearing that is used to engage the PTO). The digger is currently out of action due to the old one breaking up.

Central spares dont do that bearing, and the OEM one is about $50-60 from the toro dealer ( I think that might be trade price, I cant remember, might be retail)

What do you guys pay for one?

TT

PartsTree lists them at $13.69 USD, Jim.

Teddy da Bear

You guys over there in England have got to stop breaking

the expensive parts! :hide:

KyBlue

I'll be ordering a couple things here in a couple weeks... if anybody hasnt done so, get me the p/n and ill add it to the order..

fordsonmajortom

Well guys, I need the bearing for the PTO cone (not the roller bearing inside it, the ball bearing that is used to engage the PTO). The digger is currently out of action due to the old one breaking up.

Central spares dont do that bearing, and the OEM one is about $50-60 from the toro dealer ( I think that might be trade price, I cant remember, might be retail)

What do you guys pay for one?

We get our bearings from Kent Brgs , If there is no number on it measure the id od and thickness and if it's a sealed brg and they can usually sort it out. We normally get 80% discount of list price worth a try

Michael

sorekiwi

Do the bearings you buy in England leak oil too? :hide:

Mith

Michael, I've not had much luck in the past getting this particular bearing, its very wide and possibly a slightly different construction to a standard bearing.

Actually, I've always thought it was a fairly poor design, a thrust bearing would seem to be a better choice to me. But then again, it is the first one I have had to replace on this tractor.

What do you guys think postage/packing would be? Clearly parts are far cheaper in the US than here!

Teddy da Bear

I tried to go to www.usps.com

I am not dumb....but I could not make heads or tails of the pricing

there. :hide:

There are many methods and pricing for sending a envelope/package.

But they don't seem to come right out and tell you the price!!! :D

Would be easier to contact the post office in person and tell them what

you want to send and to where.....and likely the cheapest method.

landsurveyor

Michael,

I live in Dorset and got a Kohler air filter (genuine) from my local tractor supplier C and O tractors.

It cost me

Sarge

When I shipped Weber carb parts to the UK I just used the Postal Service , Priority Mail hits there in about 5 days on average . Their rates are about as cheap as it gets , I think packages around 15lbs ran around $25 or so . Now, send something to Australia, better be sitting down for that one .

Let me know if I can help out ...

Sarge

fordsonmajortom

Michael,

I live in Dorset and got a Kohler air filter (genuine) from my local tractor supplier C and O tractors.

It cost me

landsurveyor

Hi,

Glad you got the parts you needed! That website you gave me looks great, might have to give them a call, wonder if they break Wh tractors, need a rear wheel.

Got the pump fixed thanks, she runs for the first time in 15 years! Hydro seems to be ok, not been far though, got a lot of work to do on it now, as it is very rough, my wife thinks im mad!!!!! :thumbs:

Duff

...... got a lot of work to do on it now, as it is very rough, my wife thinks im mad!!!!! :thumbs:

Aaah! A wife who thinks we've lost our marbles. That's the first sign you're doing it right! :whistle: Welcome to the addiciton! :horseplay:

Duff :whistle: