Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Simplicity "Landlord"

stevebo

I just picked up a Simplicity "landlord" with 42 inch mower deck from the original owner. he thinks it is a 1963 but not sure. it has a briggs motor. it is orange with white and a white stripe on hood. sorry no pics but can anyone give me any info on this cool looking tractor??

Sparky

Wheres Perry when we need him. He's our resident expert on all things Orange :hide: .

Mike.......

stevebo

i now know it is a landlord 101. there is a site that has some nice restorations.

perry

nice find. :hide: . the landlords are great machines. are you planning on keeping it ?. yours is a year 1965-66 and it should have a 10hp briggs on it.what eles are you wanting to know ?. if you can get a pic up, ill be able to see if it has any extra goodys hiding on it. i can also email you a owners manual if needed.

simplicity 101 info

here is some basic info:

Simplicity 10 hp Landlord 101 (Mfg No. 351) Above. With 42" Rotary Mower has patented

stevebo

perry,

thank you-i will get you a few pics. mine if very clean (boarder line) just cleaning and not restoring. It has the rear weight like yours. He had a snowblower for it but sold it last year for $150.

WHC-125

:D :hide:

And BTW great find........ :banana:

Rideawaysenior

Those simplicity's also have a funky exterior differential that gives it a limited slip action on the rear end. I had an old Soverign that was hydro and I had to replace the diff gears on it. That tractor sure was built well. The only thing about it was, it was not an easy and open design like the Wheel Horse.