tims tractors

what do you think

tims tractors

I just stopped at bone yard. And there sat  an electro one raider12 everything is there even hydraulics all  tires up and good motor turned over an deck lying on the ground. would it be worth making an offer of say 100 or150. Hate to see it parted out. Thanks for reading this and give me your thoughts  neat tractor.   Tim.  it,s also an auto.

I got it story below.  And it RUNS!!!!!

Edited by tims tractors
  • Like 5

953 nut

YES!

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

Any :wh: is worth $100 IMO.

• Like 6

SPINJIM

Two of my best finds have been at junk yards.   It's probably worth only $80 - $100 as scrap metal.  Scrap metal prices are down.   

Buy it fast before someone else does.   I'd offer $100, and be willing to pay a little more.  Or just ask what they want for it.

Good luck,  Jim

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 3

elliot ness

For sure. Great find.:text-bravo:

Pullstart
57 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

Two of my best finds have been at junk yards.   It's probably worth only $80 - $100 as scrap metal.  Scrap metal prices are down.   

Buy it fast before someone else does.   I'd offer $100, and be willing to pay a little more.  Or just ask what they want for it.

Good luck,  Jim

Scrap prices must be soaring in PA!  I just got $450 for a 7500 pound Chevy C-60 flat  bed that hasn't run since '96.

• Like 2

Shynon
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

YES!

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Scrap steel is running slightly less that $5 a 100lb.  Do that horse & deck are probable $25-30 scrap. so $60 doubles and $100 triples their money.  So go get it!. 

• Like 2

Hacksawhero123

For the hydraulics alone...... GET IT!!!!!!!!  Don't let it be turned into tuna cans. Or even worse.... MTD products.  Could you sleep at night knowing that Horse would be ground up and reincarnated as the newest generation "Craftsman"?  

Mark. 

• Like 4

Sarge

I'm always on the hunt at scrap yards - I buy out more than I ever take in . Make some new friends with the "yard rats" and pass out business cards saying what you are wanting in a general list with your phone number - and be prepared to take a flying trip . My son in law got a no-kidding nearly new 48" mowing deck for $22 , bottom side original paint was still on it and the blades were sharp . It was under a later model C series that was smashed when the crane picked up and set it on the big mixed pile outside . They pulled it down for him , he disconnected the deck and probably should have taken the whole thing - the Kohler was still in it but he didn't know what to look for in the model numbers and such ...ugh .

Three of my local yards within 50 miles have my number and a list of what I want . One guy calls about once every couple weeks with a stash pile of metals for me - sure saves a lot of money in fabrication cost versus buying all new . I built a 30" square work table entirely from aluminum from the scrap yard . Only had to buy the stainless screws for the top and high strength aluminum threaded 3/4" rod for the leg adjusters - total cost was less than $25 for all the metal , argon and filler rod/hardware . It lives outdoors by the back door for working on stuff outside and is a nice place to set packages when coming in from the store . Need to put a heavy chain or cable on it to prevent some crack-head scrapper from stealing it - they already took 45' of heavy wall aluminum conduit off my welding trailer in June ...none of the yards reported the stuff showing up since metal like that is on my want-it-call-me list . I also bought 6' in assorted sizes of solid round stock Naval brass - go price that stuff new...ouch .

Sarge

• Like 1

tims tractors

Well guys you talked me into going back asking what he would take for the tractor. He said it was already sold it the guy just had not picked it up yet.He said the guy didn't, live far. So off I went and found him, he new the guy that had owned the tractor before. I was told the motor and hyd,s in short everything was good, and his interest was just in pulling the motor off. I offered him 50 over what he paid I had ask the guy at bone yard what he had sold it for so that put me in at 200 and he took it.  Thanks a bunch for the feedback. Tim

• Like 2

Hacksawhero123

That happens to me every time I don't move on something the instant that I found it. Although that's probably how I ended up married (and now happily divorced). Moral of the story-think about it before you make big decisions. But a tractor at a scrap yard, don't think twice. 

Mark. 

Tankman

Go for it! Another "YES ":ychain:

TDF5G
On 11/25/2016 at 4:04 PM, 953 nut said:

YES!

:text-yeahthat:

FROM IPHONE 108.JPG

• Like 1