ClassicTractorProfessor

Bought a JD 212 tonight

ClassicTractorProfessor

Stopped at a friend's after work tonight. Glen is one of those that always has something for sale (already picked up my Choremaster and Montgomery Wards from him). Anyway tonight's haul was an extremely nice :ph34r: John Deere :ph34r: 212. Has a good running K301 on it. Not sure what to do with it yet but for $75 I figured no harm done lol. Taking the trailer to pick it up tomorrow so will post pics then 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-imsorry:

• Like 1

953 nut
28 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

Has a good running K301 on it. Not sure what to do with it yet but for $75

I have an idea, part it out, keep the engine and tires since they will work on a :wh:.

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Be nice Craig LOL...I have an addiction to all garden tractors but my main interest is still Wheel Horse...as a matter of fact should be going first part of next week to pick up another "very special" Horse that I've been wanting for a while now, but whenever the opportunity knocks to buy a tractor of any brand I jump on it if I can

2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I have an idea, part it out, keep the engine and tires since they will work on a :wh:.

That thought crossed my mind...a good running K301 would get my 1277 up and going again lol

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:ychain: Bryce

:wwp:

ClassicTractorProfessor

Taking the trailer with me to work this morning so I can pick it up on the way home was too dark to get pictures last night but will have some up this evening

AMC RULES

I meant...    :lol:

of the new, "very special" :wh: .  

• Like 1

T-Mo

The JD 200 series are one of the best values in the garden tractor market.  Rock solid construction and design that dates back to the original 1963 110.  Very heavy duty frames, 4 speed Peerless transmission with variable drive, and plenty of implements and attachments are the reasons they have been in production from 1975 to 1987.  They are very undervalued at resale, but are plentiful to find as Deere made a ton of them.  200, 208, 210, 212, 214 and 216 were the models produced in the 200 series.  I had a few 200 series myself.  The 210 was the most weight to hp ratio Deere made.

If you decide to keep it, I can send you manuals on it.

ACman
13 hours ago, 953 nut said:

13 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

That thought crossed my mind...a good running K301 would get my 1277 up and going again lol

You can get your beloved 1277 going , part out the rest get your money back out of it and wait for a JD110 (that's the only green and yellow I'd own) to come along .

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Good deal. Good machine. Waiting for pictures.

ClassicTractorProfessor
On November 23, 2016 at 7:45 AM, AMC RULES said:

I meant...    :lol:

of the new, "very special" :wh: .  

I can assure you there will be plenty of pictures of the new :wh: when it finds its way home...probably sometime first part of next week. But until then hope y'all enjoy these :text-coolphotos: of the 212. Needs a good bath and one tire replaced...going to try to get her started this afternoon, provided I don't eat too much LOL. Glen had it running and mowed with it two yrs ago, so should be pretty easy to get it running again. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Got her running yesterday afternoon...fuel pump was bad so put the pump off my blown engine from the 1277 on it, runs like a champ and I was really amazed at how quiet the quiet line Kohler was compared to my old one. Do need to get a new fuel pump for it...the old pump was beginning to leak just a bit before the 1277 blew up, but now it's blowing a steady stream of fuel out the side of it, any recommendations where the best place to order a new pump from?