JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

New Holland 2 stage belt, where to find.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, I got my New Holland 2 stage and cab home today.  Its going on the 522xi.

I would like to have an extra belt around and maybe a extra chain. This came off an 80 hour machine  I dont anticipate problems, but thats when you get bit.

These were made by toro wheel horse for new holland. Identical but for the paint color.

There is a picture with model / serial number.

Who knows where to get these items?

we all luv pictures, so here are a few, I have plenty of dirt to clean off them, and some touch up to do.

These 2 stage xi units are BIG.......

oh, and a fwiw, my mint used twice and not by me xi single snowthrower will be in the classified shortly, WITH my xi blade. keep your eyes peeled. 

I dont need 4 snowblowers and 4 blades.

Enjoy and thanks for any help.

Glenn

oh, and for a laugh, the jumbo dolly I made,,,and NEVER used it for the 2 stage ,,  :lol:

00r0r_f5xP0kqXVzf_600x450.jpg

00K0K_3VuPiHdX71j_600x450.jpg

00b0b_8vI4TN5csla_600x450.jpg

20161122_163112.jpg

20161122_163121.jpg

20161122_123630.jpg

20161122_114015.jpg

20161122_114028.jpg

20161122_113959.jpg

20161113_112940_001.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 4

doc724

Glenn, the WH equivalent two stage blower for 5xi is 79366.  Belt is 1004164.  $56 from Jack's Small Engines

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 minutes ago, doc724 said:

Glenn, the WH equivalent two stage blower for 5xi is 79366.  Belt is 1004164.  $56 from Jack's Small Engines

Thanks doc, what about the number 40 roller chain, would you know a link count by chance?   

Glenn

wheelhorseman

Glenn if you want a new OEM 100-4164 belt I can do $55 plus actual shipping cost. Pm me if your interested 

doc724
13 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Thanks doc, what about the number 40 roller chain, would you know a link count by chance?   

Sorry Glenn, cannot help you on that one.  I just buy a 10 ft section of chain and some master links and match the number of links.  You will need a chain breaker tool if you do not have one.  I am guessing that the chain and tool is less that what Toro wants for the chain alone

• Like 1

wallfish

10 ft piece of chain is about $20 at TSC and usually comes with one master link. Just buy another separate master link or two so you can use the leftover chain as a spare or for something else.

To break the chain, I just grind off one side of both rivet heads and use a small punch and hammer to drive the link out.

• Like 4

Forest Road

Your first rodeo? When I can match belts at my Toro dealer or auto parts stores. When Im upstate I've actually braided rope just to get a Tractor into the garage. Given that time is on your side look online. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
3 hours ago, Forest Road said:

Your first rodeo? When I can match belts at my Toro dealer or auto parts stores. When Im upstate I've actually braided rope just to get a Tractor into the garage. Given that time is on your side look online. 

" braided rope "  my father could do that, he learned in the Navy.  I remember that. Between the answers here, and snooping online, all the bases are covered now. 

Thanks guys for all the help to.

Glenn

• Like 1

DennisThornton

That blower looks way different than the memory of what I bought for my 522xi...

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Every once in a while I run across Toro numbers with the New Holland equivalent in Toro manuals. From those have leaned the 2 in the T2BL0019 serial number is the model year.

The 716505006 Component number is their model number.

Garry

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
17 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

That blower looks way different than the memory of what I bought for my 522xi...

Dennis, what's differant?  Or should I tell you when it won't mount up. :)

Edit: Dennis,  did you get a 2 stage to?   You can see my xi single in the background. 2 differant beasts in mounting and hardware.

Glenn

General question for 2 stage owners reading this, while going through the manuals, checking chain tension, zerks, oiling spots etc. One of the manual pages shows zerks, or oiling, the bearings from the front of the auger housing on the left and right side of the auger. I looked pretty good. I don't see any zerks to get those bearings, what the heck are they talking about?

Added xtra stuff

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

rust spots sanded, painted up, waxed up, cleaned up, pre season maintainence items being done, getting ready to mount.   

oh, pulled new holland decal off. looking for a wheel horse decal I got laying around here to put on. shes cleaning up good. 

Glenn

20161123_194424.jpg

20161123_194438.jpg

20161123_194404.jpg

• Like 1

DennisThornton
2 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Dennis, what's differant?  Or should I tell you when it won't mount up. :)

Edit: Dennis,  did you get a 2 stage to?   You can see my xi single in the background. 2 differant beasts in mounting and hardware.

Glenn

General question for 2 stage owners reading this, while going through the manuals, checking chain tension, zerks, oiling spots etc. One of the manual pages shows zerks, or oiling, the bearings from the front of the auger housing on the left and right side of the auger. I looked pretty good. I don't see any zerks to get those bearings, what the heck are they talking about?

Maybe it's just the color that's throwing me off or my poor memory but the 2 stage I bought came off a 522xi for sure.  I'll have to be looking at mine soon anyway since I just cleared off 2" of not so fluffy white stuff with my C-85 and blade.  Guess it's time to get the bigger one running too!  This snow was for the blade and not the blower!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

HOUSTON, we got problems here.

first off, the 2 stage is on, took me about 5 hours, including running for clevis pins and such.

Glenn

notice HOW HIGH

20161126_205543.jpg

20161126_205534.jpg

I had it out side the garsge, dark as heck, wanted to run the snow blower ,,,,,hear some weird noise, looking, cant see shet.........

when I get in the garage, i notice something out of place on the lower trim piece under where the battery goes, BTW ,,,, ran for a new battery to.

I lay on the floor, look up at the trim go holy smokes ,,,, the pulley was goughing a hole right in the lower trimpiece,,  ,pissed me off, followed  instructions. dont know what I did wrong.  cant open the hood with the blower in up position.

how do you adjust this to not lift so high?  I am burned out....less washers on the flag, there is only one  couldnt fit 2.  try putting flag on another lift hole? Add washers?

anyway. heres the damage.,,,,, help appreciated.  a nice machine with damage now. theres the pulley, these the damage.

Glenn

On top of everything else, no spring tension rod for the pulley box. 

20161126_212927.jpg

20161126_212907.jpg

20161126_212725.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

May be something in these 8 pages you can download

Garry

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, here's what I learned today on the xi 2 stage and the lift problem. 

If you put the flag pin in the middle hole with NO washers, it still lifts it pretty high, 6 inches off the ground, BUT, that belt pulley in the pulley box that gouged the 2 wear spots in my valence trim piece now has about a half inch + - of clearance.  John (SHALLOWATER sailor) suggested taking the trim piece off. I might follow that advice. 

I will post pictures later, I hope this helps someone in the future, I learned the hard way.

Glenn

20161127_164847.jpg

20161127_171425.jpg

20161126_212927.jpg

20161127_171350.jpg

add pictures
  • Like 1

Snowmobileaddict

Don't let the dealer convince you that the drive belt for your blower is anything but a regular B-section V-Belt.  Its nothing special that should command a price anywhere remotely close to what a dealer will say is the list price.

The belt that drives the 44" 2-stage blower that you have on your Xi should be Toro part number 100-4164.  Take that Toro number and find it in this cross reference chart:

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/toro_belts.asp

If you want a standard drive belt, it should be a B101, and should cost about $8.64  If you want to opt for the blue, Kevlar belt (A-B101K), its about $20.17

buy em here or your local supplier.

http://www.vbelts4less.com/

In order to figure out what size B-Section belt, simply subtract '3' from the length and put a 'B' in front of that number.

Examples of how belt numbers are coded per section:

A Section= Add 2" to belt number (Example A88 = 90" Outside Circumference)

B Section= Add 3" to belt number (Example B88 = 91" Outside Circumference)

C Section= Add 4" to belt number (Example C88 = 92" Outside Circumference)

D Section= Add 5" to belt number (Example D105 = 110" Outside Circumference)

E Section= Add 6" to belt number (Example E144 = 150" Outside Circumference)

AX Section= Add 2" to belt number (Example AX60 = 62" Outside Circumference)

BX Section= Add 3" to belt number (Example BX50 = 53" Outside Circumference)

Kurt-NEPA

Ouch Glenn, that scar on the chin piece hurts.  At least its down below where you can't see it.

Great to see the blower up and running - congratulations.  That combination is a beast.

Kurt