thebaker10

Tilling with a Toro Wheelhorse 267H

thebaker10

Hello Everyone.  I just stumbled upon this forum on the internet and I must say WOW, what a great forum.  

I acquired a Toro Wheelhorse 267H tractor with the house I bought about 5 years ago.  It came with a 48" mower deck and a 35" single stage snowblower.  I've been quite impressed with the tractor and implements so far.  Cuts grass quite well if I keep the blades sharp and the single stage snowblower has been very good.  I like the simple and robust design of the blower.  

I'm now thinking it would be nice to have a tiller for this tractor.  Reading on this forum it sounds like Toro did make a tiller implement for the 260 series tractors, as well as tillers for other Wheelhorse model tractors.  Does anybody on here have experience tilling with a 267H?  If yes, what tiller model do you have and how does it work?  Does the tiller seem to be robust and do a good job?  Based on my experience with the tractor, mower deck, and snowblower I'm guessing if they made a tiller for this tractor it was well thought out, simple an robust in design.  

Lastly, does anybody know where I can get a tiller for my 267H?  Anybody have one they are trying or willing to sell?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

DennisThornton

Seems I read that the 26X and 270 had tiller options...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/47347674/WheelHorse-36-inch-Tiller-Manual-models-79271-99271-9861915

model # 79271

I've recently acquired a 264H with deck and blower.  I'm guessing the tillers are hard to find.

WVHillbilly520H

I don't have 26x series but yes they have a tiller option, the same 36" unit as other TORO/Wheel Horse with the exception of how the PTO belt is routed and the 260 series uses a specific rear quick(attach-a-matic) hitch...which I have available last 2 pics ,it is also used for the snow plow/blade,Jeff.

IMAG2409.jpg

IMAG2405.jpg

IMAG2404.jpg

• Like 1

thebaker10

Thanks for the info/pictures WVHillbilly520H.  Now I just have to find a model 79271 tiller.  I hope that won't be like finding a needle in a haystack....but I suspect it might be.