Al C.

The best "seat time"

WHX??

Nice Al.....this might have went from a weather chat to a guess what this mod is for thread  ... welcome to the old man with ailments club!!! We are getting ready to vote on a club pres but Ed seems to be a shoo in...unless he keeps posting those crab catches  that we can't enjoy!!!

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Very ingenious AL, and btw, you keep your machine top notch. I like them that way.

Glenn

• Like 2

JimD

Al, that truly is thinking outside the box. I love it when someone comes up with a way to defeat an issue of great importance to themselves. I suffer from neuropathy in my feet and lower legs and will keep this in mind for myself. I'm sorry if I derailed your thread.That wasn't my intent, but I knew there must be a very good reason for this device. Thanks for explaining it to us. :)

• Like 2

r356c

A hand operated clutch arrangement. I'll file that away for future reference. Nice job!

"The Wheel Horse force is strong with this one!"

Mid 80's for the temperature today.  I am ready for our Canadian friends to send a cold front or two our way!

• Like 1

Al C.

In case anyone is wondering, the metal pulley bracket attached to the frame is from the training wheels on my daughter's bicycle 25 years ago.  Think twice before you throw away a good piece of wood or metal - there is usually another purpose for it if you just wait a while.  

• Like 5

JC 1965

Great lookin tractor Al. Great invention you came up with also. Thanks for sharing.     :thumbs2:

• Like 1

TDF5G

That is some great engineering there!  It's simple and doesn't interfere with other functions of the tractor.  You've shown us how creative we can be when necessary and also have given a good idea to others who may find this modification useful.  Thank you. 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

P.S.

I am always saving old pieces and parts of things like that for "just in case" projects.  Just yesterday evening I cleaned off the work bench to work on the vacuum cleaner.  I found a small 1/2 diameter coil spring on the bench while cleaning and I didn't know what it was from.  So I threw it in with the spare parts stuff.  

The foot lever release on the vacuum wasn't locking in place any longer to lock the upright section.  There was a plastic tab thing that had broken off underneath and I couldn't see any way to get to it to take it apart and even engineer anything to make it work.  I had about given up when I remembered the little spring I had just found.  So I was able to work it in under the foot lever from above and wa-la!!  Now it works great!  :) 

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 3

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:but what I like is even the ailments that come naturally to us  old f$&ts like us can't keep us off our horses.... my foot hurts but the work's gotta get done! That's called working smart not hard!

Edited by WHX8
  • Like 2

Al C.

Amen!  I wish I had paid attention to working smart when I was younger.  If I had, these old muscles and joints might not ache so much today.  I'm sure glad I have the horses in the garage to help out. 

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

I'm a bit late on this one guys (its been a bad week at work) but I really like the idea of a hand clutch. I'm wondering (as I drink my morning coffee) if a piece of 1/2 inch rigid electrical conduit could be creatively bent and clamped onto the clutch pedal in order to not have to use a rope that could get caught in a moving part?