Al C.

The best "seat time"

T-Mo

I hear ya!  We were plowing Sunday in our short sleeve shirts.  In the end of October!  It's been low 80s here for several days now.  But, I have a feeling we're going to pay for this nice weather.

• Like 6

russellmc301

its still nice here and it  feels great now.:text-yeahthat: but think more snow plowing:woohoo:

• Like 2

WHX??

Really nice weather here but you can feel it coming. Wonder if that's why we are not seeing threads & pics of horses in their winter attire as much this year. :)

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

75 deg here today.    Used the C-120  and 48" drop spreader to put down  a 1/4 ton of pelletized lime.      Got 2 hours of seat time in shorts and a tee.   Sorry...no pic.

WHX??
33 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

shorts and a tee.   Sorry...no pic.

Ahhh that might be a good thing according to Mrs K..... :ychain:

• Like 3

DougC
44 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

shorts and a tee.   Sorry...no pic.

Thank you for that Ed....... Now I don't have to post an old man picture of me in shorts and a tee.

We did each other and the forum a big favor......:handgestures-thumbupright:  :lol:

• Like 6

Wishin4a416

Some nice weather for seat time. 79 here today.

• Like 2

WHX??

79 Jack...you gotta be kidding!

KC9KAS

81* here today.

Adjoining county has issued a "burn ban" because it is so dry!

WHX??

Unreal for this time of year...anyone check the farmer's almanac for the winter to come? Maybe we should blame our south east coast brethren and that hurricane they just had for this nice weather?

Edited by WHX8
  • Like 2

Wishin4a416
13 minutes ago, WHX8 said:

79 Jack...you gotta be kidding!

No not at all. Still 75. Cold front coming though.

ClassicTractorProfessor

Only got up to around 68 or so here today and tried to rain...but has been highs in the upper 80s lower 90s for the last week or so...fired up the wife's Commando earlier and used it to drag the junk John Deere out of the way so I don't hit it with the bucket truck again :bitch: Sure hope this nice weather holds up...I am no where near being ready for winter

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, WHX8 said:

Ahhh that might be a good thing according to Mrs K..... :ychain:

3 hours ago, DougC said:

Thank you for that Ed....... Now I don't have to post an old man picture of me in shorts and a tee.

We did each other and the forum a big favor......:handgestures-thumbupright:  :lol:

You guys are pretty tuff on a 23 year old that has to live in a 73 year old body.    :angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 5

AMC RULES

I keep saying I'm gonna get the aerator out and do my yard too. 

Spent the afternoon today, blowing the leaves instead.   :dunno:

WHX??

Are you guys sayin that fall is a better time to get out the spikes on the lawn??... I always thought spring was??

JimD

Al, that's a dandy SK-486 you have there, and yes the weather has been great. But I have a question about your tractor. There is a bar with a bend in it just below the engine and it has a small pulley on the end of it. I have never seen this before and would like to know what it is for. Is this a home made device with some specific purpose? Now don't make fun of me guys, I'm trying to learn something here. I've seen a lot of things on our machines that I didn't know the purpose of but I haven't seen everything. :lol:

• Like 5

WHX??

25 minutes ago, JimD said:

Now don't make fun of me guys

We would  never do that Jimmy D but whatsamatta wich you.......that is obviously an attachment for help in restringing his wife's clothes line poles... even an idiot like me can see that!!:huh:

Edited by WHX8
  • Like 6

JimD
2 minutes ago, WHX8 said:

We would  never do that Jimmy D but whatsamatta wich you.......that is obviously an attachment for help in restringing his wife's clothes line poles... even an idiot like me can see that!!:huh:

Well, your explanation is better than mine. I thought it was for when Lassie came home barking for us to follow her, we could use it to drop a line for Timmy, who is down the well again. :ROTF:

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

I was wondering about the piece also , but could not figure it out.

TDF5G

I noticed the bracket below the engine also.  I'm going to guess it's to run a rope through to operate a tow behind implement.  Maybe a spreader or something.  :mellow:

Also looks like you might tie a rope to hand operate the pedal.  ??

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Good innovative thinking Al...never would've thought of it but it works that's the main thing :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

WOW   , the ingenuity of the :wh: owners never ceases to amaze me.    :text-bravo:

Time for a HYDRO ?

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 6

Upper Canada

Your hand clutch system is just like a :wh:, it is simple mechanics but yet gets the job done. I like what you did and will keep it in mind as I have bad knees and they are only going to get worse as I age.

• Like 2