easy-e56

416-H Problem

easy-e56

I have a 1997 416-H with the 16 Hp Onan . After about 20 to 30 minutes of mowing , it dies , after an hour or so it will fire back up for another 20 to 30 minutes then die again . when it does this it isn't getting any spark. I thought the problem was probably the coil so I replaced it with a brand new OEM coil .any help is greatly appreciated . THANKS !

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Ignition module.  Heats up, fails, cools & runs again.  Until it doesn't...

• Like 1

Jerry77

:text-welcomeconfetti:   oops guess you still have the problem - you will find all the help you will ever need here - just ask - these guys are like frisky puppies - just begging you to ( throw that frisbee , please   please ) let them help you with your WH problems..but you need to remember one thing :  :wwp:  :)

Edited by Jerry77
misread

Walt

:WRS:

easy-e56
On 10/30/2016 at 8:45 PM, easy-e56 said:

I have a 1997 416-H with the 16 Hp Onan . After about 20 to 30 minutes of mowing , it dies , after an hour or so it will fire back up for another 20 to 30 minutes then die again . when it does this it isn't getting any spark. I thought the problem was probably the coil so I replaced it with a brand new OEM coil .any help is greatly appreciated . THANKS !

Thanks to Dennis Thornton for the advice . I finally got around to installing a new module and rotor , now it runs great. Once again THANK YOU!

• Like 1

DennisThornton
2 hours ago, easy-e56 said:

Thanks to Dennis Thornton for the advice . I finally got around to installing a new module and rotor , now it runs great. Once again THANK YOU!

Now if I can just find the time to fix mine!

Glad she's now working for you!  (fairly common from what I've gathered but still drives techs nuts!)