TIGman

BIG TEN test run

TIGman

Had a chance this afternoon to install the gas tank I made up for the BIG TEN. 

Was missing the original air filter assembly when I got the tractor, so I also had to "Macgyver" something up for that till I find the correct cover.

Got everything back  together and started her up and took her for a test run.  Everything checked out great. :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_20161029_142627828_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161029_142909207.jpg

• Like 9

Ed Kennell

OOPS, I was expecting a football post.       Big 10 tractor and football look great today.      Go Penn State.

• Like 2

Sparky

Cool lookin machine!

Great job fabricating that fuel tank.

Mike....

• Like 3

TIGman
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

OOPS, I was expecting a football post.       Big 10 tractor and football look great today.      Go Penn State.

Here's a Big 10 football post Ed.... :)

Michigan beats Michigan State !!!

GO Wolverines!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                  That fuel tank is awesome, too pretty to hide under a hood.                :bow-blue:

• Like 4

Achto

Gas tank looks great in there Tig, maybe some nice yellow steal straps instead of the zip ties. Just a suggestion. I like the air cleaner cover!, for some reason I was expecting a soup can. Not sure why.:confusion-shrug: Any way, great looking tractor!

Edited by achto
  • Like 3

TIGman
6 hours ago, achto said:

Gas tank looks great in there Tig, maybe some nice yellow steal straps instead of the zip ties. Just a suggestion. I like the air cleaner cover!, for some reason I was expecting a soup can. Not sure why.:confusion-shrug: Any way, great looking tractor!

Yes achto the zip ties are going to be replaced.:handgestures-thumbupright: All I had on hand at that moment.  You'll laugh when I tell you what the air cleaner cover is made out of....:laughing-rofl:.  It's made out of the top of a plastic sleeve that goes over the safety bump posts by large overhead doors.

One of the extra sleeves laying in a crate found new life !! ;)

• Like 2

KC9KAS
3 hours ago, TIGman said:

It's made out of the top of a plastic sleeve that goes over the safety bump posts by large overhead doors.

I thought it might be a PVC pipe cap.

The Big 10 looks good.

• Like 1

Achto
10 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

I thought it might be a PVC pipe cap

:text-yeahthat:That would've been my guess too

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

By now, everyone on here who's seen my posts, know that I enjoy GT plowing.  I spotted that three point lift on your tractor and was instantly thinking plow tractor!  Then I remembered seeing one of these plowing this year at Bluniers. I'd finished a furrow and turned around and there he was finishing his furrow with an 8" Brinly.  Those are cool little tractors and you have a particularly good example! Nice find 

• Like 1

TIGman
7 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

By now, everyone on here who's seen my posts, know that I enjoy GT plowing.  I spotted that three point lift on your tractor and was instantly thinking plow tractor!  Then I remembered seeing one of these plowing this year at Bluniers. I'd finished a furrow and turned around and there he was finishing his furrow with an 8" Brinly.  Those are cool little tractors and you have a particularly good example! Nice find 

Yes Jack I do like the 3 point type hitch the B series tractors had on them.

Found this photo of a B-10 with a box scraper mounted on the 3 point. I always liked the hitch my friends GT 14 has on it too.

$_3.JPG

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:

im drooling all over my phone!  Something about those TruPower AG tires and ground engaging implements really get my attention no matter what kind or color of old genuine garden tractor! Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1