Duramax7man7

42" Snow thrower missing parts.

Duramax7man7

My tractors came with this unit but not either of the lift parts. 

Anyone have a lift flag and pole they are willing to part with and ship to me?

Or is it safe to make the pole from schedule 40 pipe with a piece of flat stock bolted to it?

Edited by Mastiffman

roadapples

I don`t think these parts would be a big safety concern. Shouldn`t be too hard to make if no one has them...

• Like 1

pfrederi

Had to do some research on this.

On the one I believe to be factory tube I have WH actually used steel tube for the lift tube    it is nominal 1.25 OD tubing with an an ID of .75 and .25 thick walls

Schedule 40 pipe is 1.05 OD ID is .83 leaving a much thinner wall .11

If you go to schedule 80 you get thicker walls but the ID is actually a bit under .75 Flag would have to be modified a bit.

Sch 80 is 1.05 OD ID is .742  wall is .154  still thinner than the original

I have seen tubes made out of pipe but they had a piece of angle iron welded the length of the tube to reinforce it....

There is a lot of stress on the lift tube i doubt WH went that thick for no reason

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

Okay excellent! Thanks for the great info as alawys! 

Know anyone with and extra or just make my own. 

Walt

Wheelhorseman1000 will sell you the lift flag check vendors section for his site. My lift tube goes on a 79263 model snow thrower and has couple of bends in it but I could take measurements of the end that attaches to snow thrower that is a plate welded to the tube with hole in it to fit on pin at rear of the snow thrower if you don't find one to purchase.

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

Thanks for the recommendation. Lowell is nice guy! He's sending me the lift flag with non-Hydro spring bracket, the spring and a used lift pole. This way I can use the snow thrower on both the 520H and 312-8 if need be. Not sure if we'll enough snow for that this year but it's good to have all of the parts if I need them. ;) 

• Like 2

Walt
2 hours ago, Mastiffman said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Lowell is nice guy! He's sending me the lift flag with non-Hydro spring bracket, the spring and a used lift pole. This way I can use the snow thrower on both the 520H and 312-8 if need be. Not sure if we'll enough snow for that this year but it's good to have all of the parts if I need them. ;) 

Lowell is definitely good people he sold me the belt tensioner for my snow thrower conversion project and a lift flag. The pole he sold you may even be from same thrower he sold me the tensioner off of. ;) 

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Not sure. But glad he did either way. BTW, what was the conversion that you did?

Walt
6 minutes ago, Mastiffman said:

Not sure. But glad he did either way. BTW, what was the conversion that you did?

I took a model 79263 snow thrower made for tractor with a vertical shaft engine and converted it to operate when attached a tractor equipped with a horizontal shaft engine. There are 2 or 3 threads I posted while working through this. And since I've learned since I should have just kept updating my first post would have kept all my walk through in one spot for me to reference. But hey I only joined in July And have learned so much in such a short time couldn't see not supporting :rs: and I have virtually no limit when posting pictures. ;) 

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

I agree.