Al C.

Take this poll ...

Never tried this fearure ...  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Wheel Horses tractors be around?

• Current popularity is a fad. It will die off in a few years and the machines we have today will wear out and be junked in the next 5 to 10 years.
    • Current interest is "generational". Once "baby boomers" become too old to perform maintenance and replace worn parts, the machines will rust and be abandoned.
    • Current interest is passing to the next generation, but parts supply is a limiting factor. Interest in Wheel Horses is passing beyond the "baby boomers" but the machines will wear out and parts will become scarce to unavailable in the next 10 - 15 years.
    • Current interest is a hobby with a strong and multi-generational following. The passion for these tractors is likely to continue for decades. Their resiliance and practical engineering will enable them to survive past the current generation of owners.

Al C.

I've never tried the polling feature of the Red Square forum.  So here goes. 

Question: How long will Wheel Horses tractors be around?  (Vote on the multiple-choice poll choices.)

Edited by Al C.
  • Like 3

TDF5G

This is a neat feature.  I didn't know it was available.  

• Like 2

rmaynard

All one has to do is go to the WHCC Big Show and look around. The attendance is still high and the little kids that we saw a decade ago are now collectors and restorers. The little guys that are riding their parent's horse around today will be the teen with greasy hands and a rat rod in a couple of years. And it goes on and on and on...

• Like 7

953 nut

Having been an automotive enthusiast most of my life I  have seen the popularity (and value) of many once-precious vehicles diminish while others have gained traction. When I started building Street Rods it had to be a pre-1948 steel bodied Ford coupe or roadster; you were a second class citizen otherwise. Now NSRA and others have opened it up to anything you want to pay an admission fee for. I'm an old school type, OK; I'm just old! The hobby is stronger than ever, but the standards had to be compromised to achieve this.   :angry-soapbox:

I am encouraged by the number of young members we have and the growth that has taken place in the Garden Tractor hobby in general and :wh: in particular. Will this wave last for ever;  not too likely. Will it continue for the next twenty years, you bet your sweet bippy it will. (if you don't know what a bippy is you are too young, look it up).

Bippy.jpg

• Like 8

TDF5G
27 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

but the standards had to be compromised to achieve this

That is happening in other hobbies and activities too.  It's sad IMO.  All about numbers and $.

• Like 3

DougC

As long as there are people like us around :wh:'s will be around as long as our civilization  survives ..... We will have a better idea after the first part of November..... :)

• Like 5