Junkers88

Tubes vs new tires?

DennisThornton
On 10/5/2016 at 4:05 PM, Junkers88 said:

Hehe. Just because you asked here is my $80 B-80.

Richard

B-80.jpg

Not sure how it got that rusty but rust doesn't effect the amount of work she'll do!  Through all that rust is a beast!  Wonder if anyone would tackle a Deere with that much rust?

Anyway, save up another $80 and buy another WH!  It's the best way to get spare parts!  And meet other WH owners!  And get to hang out on this forum!

By the way, while I have no actual data, I'm guessing that very few of us have just one Wheel Horse!

elcamino/wheelhorse
On 10/5/2016 at 9:16 AM, Ed Kennell said:

Too bad you don't live in PeeeAaaaa Richard.

You could have what you need.

IMG_4913.JPG

Ed's Tire and Rim shop.

• Like 3

Junkers88
22 hours ago, benji756 said:

the only problem I can see with putting a tube in it is if the tire is bad enough it will finish it off when you break it down to install the tube

Hmmm. I didn't take that into consideration. The tire in question has a wealth of dry rot.

Richard.

On 10/5/2016 at 10:33 PM, roadapples said:

Seen worse than that on here come back to life....patience...:handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks for the confidence! This one starts and runs currently. In fact I had it fired up within hours of getting it home. The only thing holding me back from mowing is the tire, an odd ignition problem that I can't get figured out and putting gear oil in the rear end after I replace the shift boot. All I really need is one solid day to work on it and it'll be knocking down the coastal around the house.

Richard.

• Like 2