Detector

312-H transmission question Fuel line hold down

Detector

Should the fuel line hold down be under the bracket or above it under the bolt itself? I'm thinking it goes under the bolt but not sure, was like this when I purchased it

image.thumb.jpg.ac793bd6f2cb9e9cfce9406219cdd952 (2).jpg

Edited by Detector

Detector

I looked at a parts diagram and it appears to go under the rear bolt and not under the cable tube hold down plate as it is now, looks like a gap for water and rust. I'll add liquid teflon to these two bolts

Edited by Detector

WHX??

Mine is on top from the factory  but not sure if it matters. I would say on top just to get the hold down plate to sit flat. Yours looks pretty clean but make sure dirt & crap doesn't fall down the hole into the tranny. Also not sure if the Teflon is needed as I never had any leakage in that area but probably doesn't hurt.

• Like 1

Detector
5 hours ago, WHX7 said:

Mine is on top from the factory  but not sure if it matters. I would say on top just to get the hold down plate to sit flat. Yours looks pretty clean but make sure dirt & crap doesn't fall down the hole into the tranny. Also not sure if the Teflon is needed as I never had any leakage in that area but probably doesn't hurt.

Thanks, trying to get everything back as close to original as I can

WHX??

Your welcome:)