Wildside

Mo. Meet and Great trip Tragidy

Wildside

Was so ready to spend my Birthday at the Meet and Greet, Was loading C-160 into bed of Truck and safety strap on Ramp breaks, Ramp falls out from under me just as the front wheels got in the bed, so 160 and I do a sideways flip, luckily I guess it landed on me so she didn't get hurt real bad, broken stack, broke streering spindle, bent seat, some Minor scratches. I got no broken bones but gonna be a few more days before before I move a lot. So looking at the pic.s of this yr. and planning next yr.s Trip, on a Trailer. Sorry I missed ya'll.

• Like 7

roadapples

Glad you weren`t seriously hurt....the :wh: is easier to fix. Take care...

• Like 6

r356c

Get well soon!

This is possibly the best $20.00 (with coupon) I've spent at HarborFreight.

My tractors and mowers go up and down the ramps without me.

handwinch.jpg

• Like 7

Wildside

Thanks guys, i'll heal soon enough, and I have 2 winches, just put to much trust in safety straps, Never again.

• Like 7

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Glad your not hurt bad. Rest, relax, and count your lucky stars.

Glenn

• Like 6

RandyLittrell

So glad your ok! Those ramps can get ya!!

I just about didn't make it myself, tow rig broke down 20 miles into the trip and had to turn around and limp home at 25mph. Got in my car and made it anyway. 

Met some really nice folks, and hope to do it again! 

Randy

• Like 6

rjg854

sorry to hear about your trials, heal up quick

• Like 3

elliot ness

Glad your ok, maybe next year.

• Like 2

rmaynard

Wow. I know how you feel having had a similar experience, and I still have the scars to prove it. Tractors can always be fixed. Glad you didn't get hurt worse.

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Glad you are ok - Scary stuff!

I bought a low utility trailer with the full width drop ramp for just that reason and I still sometimes feel the front wheels are too bouncy...

• Like 2

953 nut

Been there too, glad your injuries were minor.  Even with a drop gate trailer;  always back on.

• Like 2

T-Mo

Jeff,

I was worried when you didn't show up Saturday.  I kept thinking, maybe he's just running late.  I was hoping something bad didn't happen.  Sorry to hear this.  But, I guess it could have been worse. I have tri-fold ramp that I bought from TSC that I use for my small trailer, since I defeated the tilt mechanism on it and it don't have a fold down tailgate like my other trailer does.  I would have gladly let you borrow it - it's a bit more safer to use than the narrow ramps.

I'll try and get over to your place soon.  I'll show you my 551.  There's a story to tell about that one from Saturday involving my nephew who drove it for the first time....But I guess I better not since I told him I won't mention it again.

Again, sorry to hear about your accident.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Glad you didn't get hurt too bad. Best to use a trailer if you have access to one. For you guys still using wooden ramps; Go to a construction site and find a couple of scrap LVL's the length you need. Cut them to length and through bolt the metal ramp ends to each LVL. These things are much stronger than regular lumber and thicker. I have used mine to load a Ford 8N tractor onto a trailer. They will certainly handle the weight of any Wheel Horse.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Glad to here you were not hurt to badly. The tractor can be fixed.

• Like 1

Wildside

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling alittle better today. I have a nice small trailer but was bring to many to fit on it. Gonna get a bigger one.

• Like 3

ACman

Glad to see your feeling a little better , hope you can get back In the saddle soon . If there's one thing I know is that accidents can happen anytime , anywhere , and when least expected!

• Like 2

slammer302

Glad ur ok. I have the HF electric winch in my truck for loading but when using the trailer I still ride them on might have to stop after hearing about the roll overs.

• Like 1

DougC

Glad to hear your on the mend, and were not seriously injured!   

• Like 1

TDF5G

I'm also glad to know you were not seriously injured.  Those ramps can be dangerous sometimes.  I've had them slip out from under me when loading a couple of times without turning the tractor over.  I've learned that when driving the tractor up the ramps, you must not hesitate.  Just drive on up until you're in the truck/trailer.

RandyLittrell

I don't drive em up on the ramps, I will put them in low, idle her down and stand beside it while it goes up. Just gotta kill it as it gets to the top of the ramp!