Johnny Canuck

Most Collectible

WheelHorse79

Absolutely agree, family history makes the tractor an heirloom and not a collectible.  My Dad bought my C-101 brand new on 12/27/79 and it has been in the family ever since.  He traded in his first Wheel Horse, an 854, in on the C-101.  He bought the 854 used on 6/6/66, and it was the tractor I grew up with.  The 854 I have now, I bought and restored in his memory.  Those things make the tractors priceless, in my opinion.

• Like 2

refracman

While everyone opinion of what is their personnel choice. I like the old stuff now, any thing after 1955 has to earn its keep!

Just a few numbers on the rarer units, as it is known that WH did not keep production numbers of each model of tractor. but these numbers have been generally accepted

50 units +/- lever steer produced 1946/47 the tractor that started it all 

600 units +/- Senior produced 1948-1956

100 units +/ Cable steer RJ 1955 Original run

300 units +/- 754 1964

150 units C195 1984  the 1984 the aux hydralic control moved to upper fender

200 units 420 SLE 

225 520 8 speed

• Like 1

TDF5G
On 9/16/2016 at 1:02 PM, ACman said:

@Johnny Canuck ,  As some have pointed out , there's many :wh:horses that are rare , be it production #'s or age .  :twocents-02cents: As these tractor age not being produced anymore as well as new parts availability drying up , more and more tractors are being parted out . That means all models are becoming less in numbers and collectible . It's all in what you like :) ! Go through the photo archive and find what you like best . Seeing that your on west coast (and Canada) any :wh: WHEEL HORSE is going to be rare .

:text-yeahthat:

The most collectible Wheel Horses?  The red ones. :)

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse
3 hours ago, TDF5G said:

:text-yeahthat:

The most collectible Wheel Horses?  The red ones. :)

Or the rusty red ones . Everyone saved is better than letting them be crushed or rust down to nothing. 

• Like 2