Elkskin's mower junkyard

new horse coming

Elkskin's mower junkyard

We was told by a cousin he has a wheel horse he was going to scrap. we told him no. i am currently saving money to be able to get it. we have no idea year or model of it but he said it looks like my dads round hoods. keeping fingers crossed. getting it for 250 with 32 inch deck and 42 plow. deck was rebuilt a little over 5 years ago then machine was parked.

• Like 6

Elkskin's mower junkyard

another thing is all we know is its got a 7hp or 8hp kohler. so its not a tec model (happy bout that too i dont like tecs)

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
Just now, wallfish said:

A COUSIN was going to scrap it but is now charging YOU $250 for it??????????????

What's up with that? He should give it to you or at least for the money he was going to get at the scrap yard, which wasn't going to be much.

i know lol i figured it up it would been like 40 bucks if that lol. but hey has long has its not going to junkyard i am happy lol but its a distant cousin.

953 nut
8 minutes ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

distant cousin.

For a stranger it would have been $ 40; but since you are kinfolk it is $ 250. Sound like he must be a part of my family!  :confusion-confused:

• Like 8

wallfish

Real distant!

Tell him to let you know when he's taking it to the scrap yard and then just buy it from the scrap yard for $50. Then give him $50 more. Win Win

• Like 3

DougC
35 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

For a stranger it would have been $ 40; but since you are kinfolk it is $ 250. Sound like he must be a part of my family!  :confusion-confused:

Sounds like my brother-in-law. Him and your cousin must know each other...... H@ll maybe their related.....  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

Good Luck!! Hope to see some pictures.

Elkskin's mower junkyard

machine was parked because its too small for 2 acres. its been in a shed ever since so atleast its been indoors

• Like 2

KC9KAS
2 hours ago, wallfish said:

A COUSIN was going to scrap it but is now charging YOU $250 for it??????????????

What's up with that? He should give it to you or at least for the money he was going to get at the scrap yard, which wasn't going to be much.

That is what I was thinking!

jdleach

Yup, used to have some close family members like that. They were great folks, unless you had the same last name as they had. They then put the screws to you, and tightened them with an impact. Thankfully, they are all dead now.

TDF5G
18 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

That is what I was thinking!

:text-yeahthat: Me too!

I gotta buddy like that. Love him like a brother, we'd do about anything for each other, but when it comes to $, he's like, what's in it fer me?  :wacko:

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard

going to get it tomorrow meating my cousin half way. we will then find out what it is

Upper Canada

I have an uncle who owns a pawnshop and the family discount is usually higher than the asking price when it comes to buying something from him.  :D

Edited by Upper Canada

Tankman

Offer to haul the Horse for scrap, give him $50 and a hand shake.  :think:

Elkskin's mower junkyard
4 minutes ago, Tankman said:

Offer to haul the Horse for scrap, give him $50 and a hand shake.  :think:

lol i would but i am not liked by alot of my family has it is so dont want to  give others something to talk about

Wheel-N-It

I'm looking forward to seeing it. But soon after you get this one you will have to change your screen name to Wheelhorsemowerfreak :lol:

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard
13 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

I'm looking forward to seeing it. But soon after you get this one you will have to change your screen name to Wheelhorsemowerfreak :lol:

lol i used to own craftsman mowers. now i mainly have sears garden tractors that do all major work (garden plowing snow leveling dirt)

we did get it home its in decent shape but its a tecumseh model its a workhorse 700. engine is a replacement but since its a replacement i aint worried bout value. its getting my spare kohlor magnum 8hp put on it. the 7hp tec is going on dads 67 custom 6.

DennisThornton
4 hours ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

lol i used to own craftsman mowers. now i mainly have sears garden tractors that do all major work (garden plowing snow leveling dirt)

we did get it home its in decent shape but its a tecumseh model its a workhorse 700. engine is a replacement but since its a replacement i aint worried bout value. its getting my spare kohlor magnum 8hp put on it. the 7hp tec is going on dads 67 custom 6.

Sears Suburbans are awesome GTs!  Lot's of attachments like the WHs too!  I think I have three now, well more like 2.5.

Edited by DennisThornton

Wheel-N-It

Sounds like a good plan for both engines and both tractors !

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Sounds like a good plan for both engines and both tractors !

i like kohlers more than tecs lol

Tankman

Kohlers were always my favorite Horse engines. Now however my 20 hp Onan 520-8 seems to be my go to Stallion.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

520_Wood_Pickup.JPG

• Like 2