Svictor618

314-8

Svictor618

Starting problems, runs fine after start up. Got bad enough now that I have to pressurize fuel tank to get her to fire any ideas?

JC 1965

I had that problem with my 312-8. I replaced the manual fuel pump with an electric fuel pump.  ( 1 to 3 PSI ) Turn the key to on position let the fuel pump run a few seconds to push the fuel to the carb and then turn key to start and it fires right up. Hope this helps.     :thumbs2:   I see this is your first post so     :WRS:

Edited by JC 1965
  • Like 1

953 nut

:text-welcomeconfetti:   TO  :rs:JC gave you good advice, you could rebuild or replace the Kohler fuel pump, but an electric pump will cost less and works fine. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-+1: Weak fuel pump.

:WRS:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

DougC

Hello and  :text-welcomeconfetti: I would start with the fuel pump as well and install an in line fuel filter if it doesn't already have one.   Enjoy the forum.   :)

• Like 1

Svictor618

Thanks everyone I'm gonna get one coming any ideas on how I should wire it up I've got two spots on fuse block

pfrederi

If your 314 has a Magnum engine try the Acc terminal of the switch,  Just remember to turn the key to on for a few seconds to fill the bowl.  When you are cranking the acc terminal is not activated.  If you have a battery/point ignition you can use the Ign terminal on the switch

• Like 1