Shawn host12

414-8 wheel horse

Shawn host12

Was running fine parked it under shade tree and went to start it back up and nothing no juice and battery is good

KC9KAS

1st of all, I would check the safety switches and 2nd, :WRS:!

gwest_ca

Pull the pto lever back as you crank the starter and play with the clutch pedal down in the depressed range. Both have safety switches that need to be activated.

Garry

• Like 1

Shawn host12

Will try

Still nothing, do they make a repair book like Haynes for the wheel horse that I have ? To be honest the only thing I know are the basics about lawnmowers and I appreciate u all answering me back 

gwest_ca

There is no comprehensive service manual for the tractor. Best we can do is individual major component manuals and in many cases excellent wiring diagrams like this one. What is your model year?

In this manual each circuit has it's own diagram which makes it easier to understand. These pages are from a 523 page manual also in the library.

Garry

SylvanLakeWH
39 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Pull the pto lever back as you crank the starter and play with the clutch pedal down in the depressed range. Both have safety switches that need to be activated.

Garry

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I had same thing happen...Try to engage and then fully disengage the PTO lever...It worked for me but only after I engaged then disengaged...don't get it but it worked and has not happened since...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

Shawn host12
39 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

There is no comprehensive service manual for the tractor. Best we can do is individual major component manuals and in many cases excellent wiring diagrams like this one. What is your model year?

In this manual each circuit has it's own diagram which makes it easier to understand. These pages are from a 523 page manual also in the library.

Garry

Where do u find the year

Is the year on a sticker in the back

gwest_ca

The year is not posted on the tractor anywhere. The ID decal should be under the left side of the seat on the rear fender pan. The model number in the first line will identify the year for this model. After 1990 the serial number identifies the model year.

The 414-8's are posted here

https://www.partstree.com/parts/search/models/?searchTerm=toro+414-8

Garry

doc724

I had this happen to my 78 C141-8 more than once.  After some cursing, I quickly noticed that the wire from the ignition to the solenoid (which pulls in the solenoid coil) had broken.  The tractor will run with this broken, but it will not start.  Of course my machine is 10 years older than yours and the circuits and hardware changed.  Get out your multi meter and check continuity with the wiring diagrams that Garry provided.  Don't forget that corroded terminations are high resistance and may present as an open circuit.  Seat safety switch is another problem - especially if you have one that is built into the seat.  Had this happen on my xi more than one also.  Separate the connector and put a paper clip into the two female terminals is a way to diagnose it.

Shawn host12

Will try when I get home and thank you all for taking the time to help me out I really appreciate it

Edited by Shawn host12

953 nut

:WRS:          If you make sure it is out of gear, turn on the key, then put a pair of pliers across the two large terminals on the solenoid it should crank over and start. if not you may have a bad battery or cable.

wrightorchid

Be sure to use an insulated screwdriver or pliers, so you don't get shocked!