Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Is it a Wheel Horse attachment?

whfan74

I need help......

I picked this up at a local auction a month or so ago. It is painted red, or what is left of the red. I went and picked it up anyways because they almost gave it away. ($21)

I was going to get it down to bare metal and take care of it with some new paint products. They had 1 Wheel Horse at the auction and other odds and ends laying around.

So with no id tag or decals any where to be found.........do you think I was able to pick up a Wheel Horse attachment?

1230081328a.jpg

Rollerman

I'm not going to say it is or isn't

All the Wheel Horse plows I have seen have the adjustment over the top of the beam.

Yours may be missing some parts or been modified....but I'd be leaning towards thinking it was of some form of walk behind tractor? :hide:

Teddy da Bear

Too simple.....looks homemade.

big mike

David-Bradley walk behind.

whfan74

Forgive my ignorance.....even though I grew up around this things I didn't take much interest in them until the last two years.

Is it feasible that this will work with a sleeve hitch?? I am clueless......maybe this is why no one else was really bidding on it. :imstupid:

catman81056

Looks like it was made for a sleeve hitch. :hide:

Good luck.

mcwh1950

Forgive my ignorance.....even though I grew up around this things I didn't take much interest in them until the last two years.

Is it feasible that this will work with a sleeve hitch?? I am clueless......maybe this is why no one else was really bidding on it. :imstupid:

it look like it will fit a slot hitch

Michael Bullington

:D :hide::omg: ive never seen one of these...looks like a pain to adjust the plow angle though :hide:

kpinnc

looks like a pain to adjust the plow angle though

Nah, just drill more holes in the lower brace and hope one of them gets pretty close... :hide:

A threaded adjuster WOULD be better though...

Kevin

KyBlue

It wouldnt be hard to make a threaded adjuster ... Dont think thats a WH plow.. agree'd looks home made from the welds..

big mike

I bought a plow exactly like that one thinking it was a slot hitch WH plow.If you look closely at it you will probably see DB cast/stamped in it somewhere.You can probably make it fit a slot hitch but the "tongue" is narrower.Adjuster could be made from some threaded rod and a connector nut in the middle of the angled link.

Don't laugh but guys have been taking two of those plows and making a two bottom unit......they work pretty good too.

illinilefttackle

:hide: WHFAN- Don't sweat the small stuff-the price was certainly right-and making it fit your Horse is the fun part. Just set it next to the hitch your trying to fit too-and figure out whats needed-then do it. Adjustment is needed to get the right "bite" out of the plow-mabe a couple of eye bolts and a turn buckle? Have fun-AL :D

Heres what it should look kinds like when your done ( I got this from Tickster(thankyou very much) and refurbed it.

dirtplow2.jpg

whfan74

Thanks everybody............I wasn't sure if it was original or not but the price didn't bother me if it wasn't. Like you guys said, I can tinker with it and make it work. I was just hoping to find a needle in a haystack. I have been looking at a bunch of the picture galleries to get a better idea of what I should be looking for.

Give me time.......I am new to this. Dad had the dealership but I never inherited the mechanical skills. I was always more interested in sports growing up.

I will keep the questions coming.

Thanks again and Happy New Year everyone!