slammer302

Electric Lift

slammer302

I just bought a 417-8 with a electric lift option. I was thinking about switching it over to my 310-8 that i have been using to mow with most of the summer. I was wanting to here from other members that have a electric lift and get sum input on how they like it or why they don't like about it. 

• Like 1

seven

Never heard of electric lift is it factory.can you get a picture of it 

• Like 1

slammer302

It is a factory option. Can't post picks till i renew my supporter status but maybe someone else can hook us up with a pic. 

• Like 1

wheelhorseman

Here is some pictures of one

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

sorekiwi

The lift pictured above is an earlier model, the setup for the 3,4 and 500 series tractors is pictured at the end of this thread in the gallery:

I had one on a 518, I liked it lifting a snowblower, but didnt like it with a plow or grader blade.  I dont like hydraulic lifts for those implements either - I prefer the manual lift so I can feel how deep the blade is cutting and can vary the down pressure by pushing or pulling on the lift arm.

• Like 2

elliot ness

Yup they made a few  through out the years , I have had two.:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

Jerry77
7 hours ago, sorekiwi said:

The lift pictured above is an earlier model, the setup for the 3,4 and 500 series tractors is pictured at the end of this thread in the gallery:

I have one on my 516h - it is really strong - that is what I like about it because I'm not anymore...if I was, I would prefer the manual lift.

I had one on a 518, I liked it lifting a snowblower, but didnt like it with a plow or grader blade.  I dont like hydraulic lifts for those implements either - I prefer the manual lift so I can feel how deep the blade is cutting and can vary the down pressure by pushing or pulling on the lift arm.

• Like 3

pfrederi

Electric Lifts are much slower than hydros

slammer302

Will a electric lift give down pressure if used with a solid lift link?

oldredrider

Yes. Pressure either direction. 

• Like 1

slammer302

Thanks for the info guys. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do but you gave me sum things to think about.

sorekiwi
10 hours ago, slammer302 said:

Will a electric lift give down pressure if used with a solid lift link?

Yes it will, Ironically its one of the things I dont like about it - because of the lack of "feel" its very easy to apply too much down-pressure and take too much weight off the front wheels.

• Like 1

T-Mo

It would be cool to add one to my 416-8.  I looked underneath Slammer's 417-8 with the electric lift when we were both at the Mid-Mo M&G Saturday. It wouldn't be too hard to do.  I wonder what the specs are on the actuator used, i.e. retracted length, extended length, force, etc.?

DennisThornton
On 8/23/2016 at 10:57 PM, sorekiwi said:

Yes it will, Ironically its one of the things I dont like about it - because of the lack of "feel" its very easy to apply too much down-pressure and take too much weight off the front wheels.

I think this is an often overlooked if not completely missed aspect!  The manual lift offers SO much feedback AND control that in many cases it is COMPLETELY superior to a much more powerful but completely insensitive hydraulic or electric control!  I was SO surprised to discover this and now I would NOT want to give that up!  For some uses at least!  I can move dirt on grassy areas and NOT remove the grass.  Push snow off of thawed gravel driveways and not remove the gravel.  Power is great but control is sometimes even better!

• Like 3

doc724

I wholeheartedly agree with Dennis about the feedback from a manual lift.  However, as I age, lifting a blower or a tiller, even with a helper spring, is not as much fun as it used to be.  :-)

• Like 3

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, doc724 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with Dennis about the feedback from a manual lift.  However, as I age, lifting a blower or a tiller, even with a helper spring, is not as much fun as it used to be.  :-)

And I should have noted that I have my blade set for maximum power of lift, not for maximum lift.  In other words, minimum force to lift but not as high instead of maximum height by maximum force!  And I should further note, blade!  Not blower or tiller!  But I think the blade is where the maximum feel is the most important.  And, while it is still easy enough for me, the fun is still not in the lifting, but in the results...  And I suppose in later years I might not care so much about pushing gravel or grass blades and perhaps actually prefer a hydro or electric lift...

sorekiwi
8 hours ago, T-Mo said:

It would be cool to add one to my 416-8.  I looked underneath Slammer's 417-8 with the electric lift when we were both at the Mid-Mo M&G Saturday. It wouldn't be too hard to do.  I wonder what the specs are on the actuator used, i.e. retracted length, extended length, force, etc.?

A little bit of info in this thread Terry:  

• Like 1

T-Mo
9 hours ago, sorekiwi said:

A little bit of info in this thread Terry:  

Thanks, that is what I'm looking for.

Jerry77
On 9/19/2016 at 9:37 PM, DennisThornton said:

And I suppose in later years I might not care so much about pushing gravel or grass blades and perhaps actually prefer a hydro or electric lift...

Yeah Dennis - I got old ( how did that happen??) and electric or hydro is a must - gave my 314-8 to my son and bought 516H with an electric lift -Hope you don't need one for many years...;)