Detector

Is this a vent 312-H

Detector

I was curious,  in the photo left of the fuel line, is this a vent for the transmission? I cannot see where the tube leads... Thanks

image.jpg

Detector

I plan on temporary plugging it while I did some cleaning in this area as a precaution.  If it is a vent I may need to put some screen wire over it to keep dirt dobbers out

312Hydro

That is your lift cable tube. No need to plug it as it should be open. A cable runs through it for lifting a tiller,hitch,etc. My 312h came with the tube from the factory also. The cable attaches to the lifting bell crank in the front,passes through the tube and attaches to a "rock shaft" under the seat. Bonus points if the rockshaft is there. I added mine when I got a tiller. 

• Like 2

Detector

Well I'd never guessed that! Learn something new everyday... It only come with a bracket that attached to the rear with 4 bolts which I took off and hung up in my shop, the previous owner used it for plowing snow, I guess the hitch could be used for plows as well, some of the hitch can be seen in this pic. Thanks 

image.jpg

• Like 1

312Hydro

That hitch works for the snow plow frame and  for mounting the tiller. Don't lose it ,pricey to replace,about 50.00. Glad to help.

• Like 2

Detector

I gotta good laugh out of thinking it was a vent.. Lol! :text-lol:

312Hydro

Well, it does look like a vent! 

Detector

Yea it does, I looked at the Eaton manual and didn't see it any where and had me puzzled so I figured I'd ask. I'll be sure to hang on to that hitch for any future attachments. Later I would like to get a receiver type hitch so I can haul my trailer, I've seen a few that attaches the same as this one on eBay, I think a member makes them but not sure. Much thanks

Edited by Detector

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, Detector said:

Yea it does, I looked at the Eaton manual and didn't see it any where and had me puzzled so I figured I'd ask. I'll be sure to hang on to that hitch for any future attachments. Later I would like to get a receiver type hitch so I can haul my trailer, I've seen a few that attaches the same as this one on eBay, I think a member makes them but not sure. Much thanks

Look under Vendors on Home Page - "Rupprechts Welding and Fab "The Hitch Guys"". I bought one of the ones that slips on to the standard hitch with a single bolt - before I knew about The Hitch Guys...It "works" but only for light duty stuff. From what I've seen and read on this forum - The Hitch Guys' stuff is way better...

• Like 1

Detector

Another question, I'm tearing it down to the frame... in the pic above there are 2 bolts securing this bracket to the Eaton, one is under the cable tube/the other has a fuel line hold down. Do the threads stop or do they go straight through into the case? 

3 minutes ago, Detector said:

Another question, I'm tearing it down to the frame... in the pic above there are 2 bolts securing this bracket to the Eaton, one is under the cable tube/the other has a fuel line hold down. Do the threads stop or do they go straight through into the case? 

If so do the threads require any type of thread sealer? Thanks!!

cleat

I put a little liquid teflon on mine making sure none is on the end of the bolts.

If no sealant is used you can get a little oil leakage there.