moe1965

St 326. Snow blower bearings

moe1965

I'm having a hard time finding these bearings.  Anyone know where I can purchase some.    2 in  od.   3/4 id.   They are for a st 326. Snow blower.   

20160815_165335.jpg

20160815_165420.jpg

14712948257292083719792.jpg

WHX??

Those are fairly common moe if you are know what you are looking for and those appear to have the standard locking collar. There was a few threads last winter on them blower repairs and I'lll see if I can dig them up for ya. I though they were had on line but some prices were crazy on them. Maybe @WNYPCRepair can chime in I think he knows a good place to get them,

DougC

I bought new bearings for my '78 short chute single stage on e-bay from a seller who has a video on youtube showing how to replace the driveshaft bearings and install a new shaft. At the time he was selling the shaft and both bearings and the price was very reasonable.

That was last November.

Edited by DougC

WHX??

Check this thread Moe

Lots of good poop on your bearing there I think. Also try doing a search in implements here, keywords blower and bearing  and you'll find a bunch more and some where to buy info.

moe1965

Thanks I'll check it out.  I stopped at a bearing distributor here in town the original maker of the bearing is out of business.  They found some.  Another brand but I would have to buy 8 of them....

Digger 66

(Nearly) every bearing a human being can imagine is Right here

• Like 1

WHX??

How are their prices & service Digger? Some of the guys reported 50-60 bucks for the ones Moe is looking for. Yah Moe you won't find that brand you have but others have the same one.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Mine were for a 2 stage for the XI series, I don't know if they are the same. Looking now for where I got them

moe1965

I can get them for 17.50 ea. But i have to ordet 8 of them Or I can go down to a smaller od and I would have to re drill holes in blower attachment for the bearing holder

Digger 66
8 minutes ago, WHX7 said:

How are their prices & service Digger? Some of the guys reported 50-60 bucks for the ones Moe is looking for. Yah Moe you won't find that brand you have but others have the same one.

They are pretty much on-par with any other mail order place as far as price & shipping speed .

The only bearings I ordered from them were front wheel bearings for my Can-Am .

The stock bearings are plentiful & cheap , but I wanted the best because they are a nut-hugger to change .

I found the same size but in a double sealed Ceramic that cost a bundle but , my "Gade" ? 

SHE'S WORTH IT !!!   HAHA !

WNYPCRepair
11 minutes ago, moe1965 said:

I can get them for 17.50 ea. But i have to ordet 8 of them Or I can go down to a smaller od and I would have to re drill holes in blower attachment for the bearing holder

Do you have a Toro part number for those? The ones I bought were 110569. $18 each from an ebay buyer weldenhardware. It appears they no longer have any. If they are the same as the Toro 110569, I will buy some of them from you. They are $50 and up everywhere I see them

moe1965

I haven't decided if I'm gona keep looking for just two or not. I haven't purchased any yet but I'm going to stop back at the distributor tomorrow and make some sort of decision. I don't have the part number but I will try and get it for you.   It might take a few days because of my work and other commitments but I will let you know either way

WNYPCRepair

It does not appear to be the same. This document lists part numbers

From searching for those part numbers, I would buy 8 and sell the rest.

Sarge

I converted mine which is similar to use off the shelf ag bearings/shields from TSC , not all that hard...

Sarge

• Like 1

moe1965
On 8/15/2016 at 6:37 PM, WNYPCRepair said:

Do you have a Toro part number for those? The ones I bought were 110569. $18 each from an ebay buyer weldenhardware. It appears they no longer have any. If they are the same as the Toro 110569, I will buy some of them from you. They are $50 and up everywhere I see them

The part number is not a toro part number but here is what I came up with.   Peer is the manufacturer of the bering.   Fhs205-12

WNYPCRepair

They appear to be different than the ones for the 2 stage

dclarke

Do a search in the "Implement and Attachment" section for UC205-14.  Bob Maynard has a thread there titled   "How to make new insert bearings for your snow thrower"..... See if that will help you. 

Edited by dclarke
  • Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

I'm not sure this is right, but try a SA204-12 bearing.  It fits a 3/4" shaft - cam lock and spherical mount.  1.85" OD.  My single stage uses the 7/8" ID version of this on the jack shaft.

http://www.usabearingsandbelts.com/m7/SA204-12--3-4-spherical-insert-bearing-with-locking-collar-sa204-12.html

Sometimes I can get this series of bearings and flanges at TSC.

roadapples
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:10 AM, dclarke said:

Do a search in the "Implement and Attachment" section for UC205-14.  Bob Maynard has a thread there titled   "How to make new insert bearings for your snow thrower"..... See if that will help you. 

That`s what I did, worked great.... Keep forgetting to thank Bob....:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1