ACman

Truly addicted horseoholic

953 nut
6 minutes ago, JackC said:

Some day we will all meet in Wheel Horse heaven and get all the time we need to play with our horses.

Image result for big thumbs up imagesanen.jpg

• Like 2

ACman

True that , I've had my second chance and covered :thumbs2: . But in these -temperatures , I'm sure my son would appreciate it :) !

• Like 1

Sarge

I second on how to control the additive nature of collecting and using these things - I don't have a lot of space ( refuse to store outside) and if I don't use it I lose it , simple . I see more listings of those units I'd love to have but I always weigh the want with the need and it's basic use - if it can't work around here at least once in awhile it doesn't come here . I've passed the hobby onto my son in law and one brother in law so that adds to my work load of repairs and mods for basic everyday work . Finding NOS parts or at least good parts is becoming the subject for the need to hunt more stuff , I'm gathering parts for future needs and even multiple spares in some cases . I've used this hobby and other work I do here to build up my tools - most guys have a shop of some sort or garage/shop , I have all the equipment instead and work in the basement/outside . Guess I did that sort of backwards....but it works . All I lack right now is an industrial drill press (hunting a Powermatic) and a decent medium sized milling machine .

This tool and parts hoarding has been nearly as fun as owning the tractors themselves . If nothing else, I almost look forward to something breaking or wearing out since I can cure it one way or another - I like the challenge . The thread on rebuilding/mods to the D's front axle is a good example , take something worn out and make it far better than new....should outlast me easily . I do have one daughter who loves the horses and 3 grandchildren , two of them are twin boys and another boy any day now on the way ....I know where my tractors are going when I'm gone and my wife knows exactly what to do with all the tools/equipment as well since we've recently started discussing the subject . I do sleep with one eye open , though....

Sarge

• Like 2