Sign in to follow this  
Bigfish

71 Bronco 14

Bigfish

Went to buy a bronco 14 today but it was sitting in a large puddle of trans fluid. Upon inspection it looked like someone took the transmission apart and used silicon caulk to make a gasket. The tractor was strong he pulled a plow through new ground while i was there. My only worry with it is that main transmission gasket. The one that seals the to halfs of the housing together. Are these even available or are there othet recomendations to seal? 

pfrederi

You should absolutely never use silicone RTV in a hydro. If you can see it oozing on the outside it did on the inside also.  tiny pieces of silicone can get in the system and block acceleration valves etc.  The case gasket is not hard to make if you can't find one.    I would reduce my offer take it and then drain it split it and clean it out very well she may be a good worker.. 

• Like 3

Bigfish

He was asking 225 for it. When opening it up are there going to be other seals or gaskets that will need to be replaced just because the case got opened?

He wanted it gone I could tell. He kept asking me to make an offer.  At the time I didnt want tranny fluid all over my new truck bed nore did I want to drag it home and find out im SOL with the tranny. I think im going to go in at $75. After thinking on it some worse case I put the deck and hydro lift on my charger 12. 

gwest_ca

This procedure can be done without removing the transmission but don't know if you would actually save any time.

I don't like the thoughts of working under a dirty chassis that could contaminate the hydro.

Garry

• Like 2